Grognard Wargamer Thread!

I agree, it’s an excellent and not very long game. I’m so hoping for a deluxe reprint…

I lurk in the grognard thread – and while I can tell that’s a coke and an apple… what is that thing to the right of the apple? Plus do you grognards need apples and etc to get complicated?

That is an Orange. It is a Citrus fruit. As a UT fan you should be VERY familiar with Citrus fruits.

Imma chalk this up to the Bourbon and just say “yes”.

It looks like a bad orange. Plus that makes me think it’s a gator orange…

South Carolina this week let’s see how it goes.

We need WAY less paraphernalia than Nostradamus did to project our minds across time and space.

Its a good game. I find the lack of a booze pairing in the shot distressing. There could mitigating factors, like being on call, helping human beings etc I suppose :)

I think that “orange” or “lemon” is a secret alcohol drink. Plus wow that is a neat board.

(sry guys I aim to tease you grognards when I can)

Or that it was 10 AM :)

Wot’s wrong with Whiskey at 10 AM, bucko??

This needs to be a thing if it isn’t already.

Booze-Game pairings. I think the above would go well with a Moscow Mule.

Every Wargame, period.

That is all.

Caveat 1: Anything East/“Nikolai Gameskikov” is Vodka, but I don’t have to drink the filthy commie liquid because I don’t play Nikolai Gameskikov games.

Caveat 2: Brandy is allowed with Napoleonics.

Caveat 3: Cuba and the High Seas in the Age of Sail - Rum.

Caveat 4: The British Side in Conflicts from 1820-Present may opt to have Ginnantonix.

Caveat 5: Singapore Slings may be drunk by anyone playing the Allies in the Malaya '42 Campaign.

So…Borodino?

No excuse mate. :)

More seriously I remember my brother in the UK vidconning me after he had just lost a WW2 wargame, when I asked him what he was doing, without missing a beat he said :

“oh you know, drinking schnapps, thinking of the happy times early in the war.”

Nikolai Gameskikov. Drink your commie juice.

Russia was a monarchy.

Burma?

Commie Tsar juice.

Whiskey or Caveat 4.

It already is! See Rally in the Valley’s “Liquid Courage” segment.

OMG I think I actually sorta belong in the grognard thread! Maybe I’ll just get you guys drinks or something.

Too many Blue Note Martinis, Paper Planes and other Plastic piece/CDG/Orkwarwrench cocktails.

Playing that Malaya '42 game (or Burma) and not having a couple Singapore Slings on the side is ahistorical.