Grognard Wargamer Thread!

Maybe give some citations to actual serious works supporting your position so everyone else can be enlightened.

Yes, that would be helpful wouldn’t it? Yet I’m not here to convince or persuade. I’m here to suggest all here do their own research. The truth fears no investigation. Yet the truth, especially about anything political about WWII, is very, very hard to come by. Do you think the diplomatic communications between Allies in such a critical and recent event that would condemn them as war criminals would easily surface in mainstream books? A cite? Surely you have no idea what you, we, are up against.

Such things are not even on the internet on sites that are devoted to “Pearl Harbor Conspiracies”. So why bring it up? Because I know of this. And because I know many other things historically which have been suppressed, but are available if you dig in the right places.

So I don’t expect you to take my word for it. I wouldn’t. You don’t know who I am. But I do urge you to be skeptical of ALL seemingly facile understandings of the war, and frankly all events of the 20th C. If you are, and you start to look, you ultimately will find it out yourself. That is why there is such incredible effort being poured into restricting freedom online. It’s something our parents never had, forcing them to rely on published material fed to them by establishment sources.

Have fun in the rabbit-hole. :)

The cut sentence stands by itself, once you learn how popular narratives are full of holes. Still, a) great certainties require great proof (of them knowing it all), b) it’s not necessarily bad by itself, and c) true or not, it’s not out of character for the last century, or even before.

Ha ha, my “hot take” is not the “advance knowledge” theory. Although they did have that too. They had broken Japanese encryption, completely.

My knowledge is of a far worse conspiracy: Actually bringing Japan to the decision of war against us. Overtly covertly.

You’re a very funny man, Navaronegun

I know about that discredited crazy s** too.

All this nonsense has been discredited multiple times, and is all traceable to America Firsters in taking all these various items out of context, and then made consumable for the tin-foil hat crowd. But hey, you believe what you want to believe.

sigh No it’s not the McCollum memo either. Did you read my post? Purple machine and Portugal. If you aren’t aware of that, then you don’t know what I’m talking about.

And that’s fine. I don’t come here for approval. But if you’re interested in truth, maybe you should dig a little more. But a lot of people are content in not knowing, or should I say not doubting. Because it’s frightening in a way to come to realize that nothing one has been taught or learned is correct. Amazing how people think that while they know their media, entertainment and academic institutions have been corrupted, they can’t take that last logical step to realize that means they, too, know nothing as a result. You need to start all over.

Yes it is. Goodbye.

Well… bye! LOL

Nah, I found the “source”, or at least some page that explains this:

My take: If by 1941 Japan and the US were not preparing for war, that would have been negligent. Such a message existing (if it does) does not change the end result. Japan was going to attack anyway, and the US was surely getting ready to do so at the slightest justification too.

Events several years before had made sure of that anyway.

What?!? Neo Nazi unfounded rumors?!? I’m shocked, Juan. Shocked!!

Yeah, I’ve heard those lies before, but I am not wasting time or brain cells on googling his “fake news”.

I stopped having reasoned debates with “believers” back in the USENET days…

“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

I think that’s presumptuous to think that we’d declare war on Japan, or they on us, due to problems over China. China then wasn’t what they are now. Imagine us going to war over, say, Crimea? If war was inevitable why send a message certain to prod them into action? Why the hurry? Europe was the reason.

The other tell? After firing up the nation after the dastardly sneak attack at dawn, a day that would live in infamy, we began gearing up for total war against… Germany. Yeah, a “logical” decision.

Also consider… The U.S. company line on Japan-China may have been cultivated solely to cover for the real reasons for provoking Japan. The conspiracy goes very deep on this.

Wow. So a gazlllion investigative journalists, a gazillion historians who have no loyalty to any nation, academicians who clearly pointed out the evils of the U.S. in our forays into the Philippines, the horrors of POW camps in the civil war, etc, etc. but somehow everyone decided to hide this special knowledge of how the U.S. intentionally made Japan attack us. Knowledge so special only a few people in the world know about it and know enough to be able to certify that it is true.

So there was something else that went by a while ago (a thousand posts ago, apparently) in this thread that puzzled me enough for me to call it out, and even then kind of stuck in the back of my head for a while:

I have to say now I’m getting a more complete picture.

The British were good enough they even had German soldiers write personal letters talking about the atrocities (to be fair, many of them sounding ashamed of them, and from German soldiers who did not participate and talking about what their fellow soldiers had done.) We have records from people in Belgium who survived some of the massacres and photos.

All of which, of course, have been doctored if you decided they don’t fit your narrative.

And I don’t know why I’m posting on this, once some people decide on a conspiracy all data that goes against what they assert is thrown out as manufactured for the weak of mind.

Well, if we can fake landing on the moon…

This all started with moving off the Gold standard, man…Breton Woods and whatnot…

Oooo, aren’t you the clever little sleuth.

Rather, I’m getting a “more complete picture” of the reaction to truth on this forum when it doesn’t appeal to a poster’s politics. The truth knows no friends or enemies. When I was in school, guys used to wear “Question Authority” buttons, presumably to “resist” the establishment. Now we see the effect of corrupt academics where students don’t question any indoctrination they receive. Very instructive. Nice world you’ve got going there. Very, how should one say… Bolshevik.