Grognard Wargamer Thread!

Great background and analysis, thank you!

Cheers mate. Too bad I think one of my opponents reads this thread too :(

Half this board is ex-CGW/CG’ers. Probably because of Denny, Tom, and Mark :)

Thanks for sharing that Jeff.

LOL! Yeah, many of us are here because of our relationship as writers with Mark and Tom when they started the board. Brooski too. Many of us use to meet up at various parties at E3. There even used to be a super sekrit private members only freelancers board/forum where we talked about writing, rates, the mags, etc.

@Editer actually lured me away from CGS+/CGM over to CGW when he was the sims editor; when there were a TON of WWII flight sims, he offered me a multi-page article on air combat strategy using the various WWI sims as the tools. Then he turned around and became EIC over at CGM and I wrote some for him there again. I can remember quite a few discussions we had over flight sims, especially some bad ones. ;)

The link has been fixed.

I feel honored to be amongst those of you who wrote for the paper gaming magazines I once depended upon for news in the PC gaming world. I was merely a subscriber, but I greatly enjoyed reading the articles you wrote.

75 Years ago, my Great-Uncle, Lt, James E. Quinn, USN , Engineering Officer, was killed along with Admiral Mullinix, Captain Wiltsie, Pearl Harbor hero Ship’s Cook 3rd Class Doris Miller and 646 other souls when the USS Liscome Bay was torpedoed by IJN I-175.

CVE-56_LiscomeBay

http://www.historynet.com/uss-liscome-bay-hit-by-a-torpedo-near-makin-atoll-during-world-war-ii.htm

This likely isn’t very interesting for most, but I spent some time digging information about three monster wargames about D-Day (one computer game, the other two boardgames).

Just a lot of pictures and superficial details:
http://cesspit.net/drupal/node/2567/

That’s cool!

Btw, TGD Utah (second game on the series) is in play testing and most likely going onto preorder next year, so it seems that Iberia monster will be completed.

The patience it takes to do those monsters, digital or paper, long ago fled by weary soul. I do remember summers with games like Terrible Swift Sword or Highway to the Reich set up in someone’s garage or basement, with team play, though. We never actually finished a game of course.

That’s a great news. I thought that if the game was too big and didn’t sell enough then it had no hope of actually fulfilling its mad goal. Three linked games is crazy, especially because the designer says the first game on its own is twice the complexity of The Devil’s Cauldron and Where Eagles There joined together.

For the curious. I think we’ll be up on P500 after the New Year.

Looking good man!

I advise wearing polarized sunglasses when looking at that draft-for-the-artist, color-filled, psychedelic map.

Looking good for an Alpha :)

I assumed we all got free copies :)

More seriously I never p500 anything, but I will do so for this bad boy.

Yeah, I might get a better quickie beta from the artist, I might not, But I really don’t need it for playtesting. The “Sorcerer look” is good "nuff.

That map is something. I am pretty sure counting MPs is more efficient in a map like that. Yellow for 1 MP, white for 2 MPs, red for 3 MPs… easy to remember. But I am afraid that wasn’t the designer’s intent.

I hope we don’t, unless they are digital copies, of course :)

You wouldn’t want a free copy of my game when published?!?

Sad 😞 face.