Grognard Wargamer Thread!

That’s definitely interesting. Have you read it?

Yes.2345

Scratch that - game seems completely bugged.

Ok, so can you answer the implied question there? :P

Please note the implication of the quotation marks used in the original post :)

Does that mean it sorta sucked, or totally sucked?

I would not recommend it. At all.

What if I needed to prop up a table?

shims

Reading the description, it seemed……. suspect.

My copy of Atlantic Chase has arrived but I’m not opening it until Saturday which is my birthday. Can anyone recommend a good book on the subject? Was thinking of getting The Battle of the Atlantic by Dimbleby.

I’m not a history buff or a wargamer, so excuse my ignorance, but coincidentally I’m reading

at the moment and it’s a good light read.

Edit: I had assumed Atlantic Chase was the convoy-based game I saw on here, so maybe not exactly what you are looking for…

@Pedro Haven’t played the game yet but from what I’ve seen it does focus more on surface conflict that u-boat hunting. Will check out the book. Thanks.

I played it tonight.

Love it. The theme is great. I love the abstractness of it

The combat was a little weird. As far as I can tell, there is this invisible 50-yard line. Well, a 50 yard line broken down into Far, Near, and Close sectors. I can move my ship all the way up to close, but if he stays at far, I still can’t close the distance?

Try and find an old copy of Avalon Hill’s Submarine. Right up your alley.

Wondering if anyone has economical counter storage trays/systems they are happy with and would recommend? My current small baggie system feels less than ideal.

Just poking around on the Internets, it seems like bead trays are pretty popular? I was thinking something like these (9.2-inch by 4.6-inch by 1.7-inch basic bead trays) on Amazon might work, but I’m wondering if there might be better options.

I’ve been using GMT trays for a while and I find they work great. I do build additional dividers to keeps things even tidier, though.

Oh, hey, look at that. Thanks! I didn’t realize they had their own trays.

DVG games do their own tray which is a bit deeper than the GMT one. I use GMT’s though…

https://www.ebay.com/p/14034746347

Thanks! The GMT ones are a bit cheaper, at $30 shipped for 10 trays. The DVG ones are on Amazon for $24 for 5. I think I’ll order a 10 pack of the GMT ones.

@Brooski You should get Harry Rowland from ADG on Wild Weasal to do a history of WiF show.