Group Calendaring

I’m looking for a group calendaring solution for a team of under 50. I’m fairly sure the Microsoft route would work beautifully, but we are not sufficiently staffed or budgetted to handle such an endeavor, and I need to get up and running quickly.

Seems the best alternative may be WebCalendar with Sunbird/MozillaCalendar, however I’m very nervous about comitting to this route and thought I’d put my feelers out in the QT3 world, just in case. Oh and I should mention we’re on DH and are sticking with their default email system for now despite my feelings about Squirrelmail.

Geez, with my guilty conscience, it seems every post I make is going to feel like stealth marketing now. I’m not endorsing any of the above products.

Check out Meeting Maker. Been around forever, and still one of the best.

here.

I haven’t used it yet, but http://30boxes.com/ is getting a lot of positive buzz. No device syncing yet, though.

Used MM several years back (just as a user) and it was fairly slick. Their site does not offer Linux trial downloads and I fear it may not be something I can run at DH under a managed plan, but I’ll check it out. 30 boxes looks like something along the lines of WebCalendar but also looks worthy.

Edit: Had to call to ask for the MM Linux trial, and was amused by the sales rep’s inability to answer a single technical question regarding installation or db requirements. I strongly suspect this is not browser-installable or MySQL compatible which are show-stoppers.