New Trailer and Info:
Load times between islands are short, even when in the air.
• The Empire Building mode involves attacking properties owned by other gangs. To initiate the attack, you need to destroy a gang car parked outside. Once done, gang members will try and attack you. Once you’ve killed them, you need to head inside the property (which will have its own interior). When you’re inside you need to kill all the enemies and wreck the place so that the business cannot operate any more. After that, the building will go up for sale, which will allow you to buy it.
• You don’t have to make it the same type of business it was before, you can make it your own. Choose from six different types that include prostitution, loan sharking, protection rackets, drugs, smuggling and robbery.
• As revealed before, this mode is three-tiered. Select to start up either a small, medium, or high roller business. The small costs $2, 000, medium $3, 900 and the high roller $5, 800.
• Once you’ve chosen the level and type of business, construction will begin. Actual hoarding will go up around the site while the building is being build. The time it takes for completion is around two in-game days.
• Once done, you can enter your new building that will have gang members working for you, a notice board to make changes to the business, and a save point.
• The business will then make money, but if you want to make serious cash you’ll need take on the missions that are provided to you from inside the building. These are of course varied, and an example Go>Play saw was when they had set up a prostitution business, they took girls to and from clients around the city within a given time limit.
• An appropriate type of vehicle will spawn outside every type of business.
• Gangs members can also attack your business, and as revealed before, you’ll be notified of it on your pager. Set up gang members and equip them with weapons to defend your business.
• Only five of each type of business can be run throughout the entire city.
The web site is now online with a lot of new stuff:
The trailer is out:
The 80s are back.
You gotta appreciate Rockstar’s way of holding back all their info and splooging it all out in one go. The game will be released on the PSP in October like LCS last year. Here are some tidbits of info that have came out of Australia (ganked from gaf 'natch):
• The game takes place in 1984 - two years before GTA: Vice City
• Victor is a 28 year-old US Marine
• Players can now take on the water of Vice City With jet ski’s!
• The animations are more life-like and is a ‘‘step-up from previous titles in the series’’
• A multiplayer feature similar to the PSP version of LCS is in the game
• VCS is ‘‘much, much bigger than Vice City’’
• Some landmarks are half-built or yet to be refurbished to their state circa 1986
• There’s new or altered locations and buildings
• All new vehicles and weapons
• You can fly helicopters!
• Radio stations from Vice City make a return
• New weather effects (hurricanes,…)
• You can swim in the game!
• Bikes handle better than before
• There’s also no more seamless exterior-to-interior gameplay as seen in LCS (There’ll be a slight loading time)
• A new addition in Vice City is the chunder-wheel, which you can ride in first-person view!
• Binoculars is in the game
• LCS is ‘‘rookie first-gen PSP title compared to VCS’’
• Draw distance is great and is said to be better than Vice City on PS2
• Trip skips make a return (If you die or get busted a taxi will take you back to the location where you received the mission from)
• New animations which give both the lead characters and pedestrians a whole new degree of humanity
• Far richer color palette that brings sunsets to all new levels of beauty, and realism
• Increased density of pedestrians, cars and objects
• Reduction in clumping (where groups of the same model type appear together)
• Far more interiors that its predecessors
I’m sure we’ll know a lot more in the next few weeks.