GTA4: How do I save my car?

Umm, so I seem to recall a message about being able to park a car somewhere to save it at my safehouse. But the Banshee I parked out front last night is gone. :(

So I’ve been around the block a few times and through that alley, but I can’t seem to figure out where I’m supposed to park to keep my car. GTA4, why can’t you be more like Saints Row???

-Tom

I want to know this too, I lost my Hummer :(

you park the car in the yellow box that saids “Resident Parking”(which is in front of your apartment), unfortunately it’s not like Saint row, if you decide to take your car out, and accidently lose it and blown up. it’s gone forever.

Yeah, not having a respawning car there for whatever you dropped off last is almost as annoying as the mission restart at home thing.

Ah, I see it now, under all the shuffling pixellated shadow effects from the elevated train! So, I wonder if I can fit more than one car in here? It looks like a pretty generous parking space. Hmm.

Epic, pish, Hummers are a dime a dozen. Try finding another Banshee. :(

-Tom

You can fit 2 mid size cars, but you can only fit one fire truck! Oh yeah it’s not so bad after getting back to the mission after restart, what you can do is hold down Left bumper on 360 controller and hail a taxi if one is empty and close by.

Very cheap and you can basically skip driving there yourself.

It will only save two vehicles. I had a coquette and an infernus sitting there, finally came across a NRG 900 motorcycle parked it between the two and it removed the coquette on the next load. Edit to specify first safehouse is all I have right now.

You have that as well? I was getting worried that I was the only person that had it. The reviews I read mentioned nothing about it. It seems to be worse during the midday times when the shadows are at their strongest.

Are you guys playing it on the 360 or the PS3?

It’s really weird that they copied Saint’s Row cellphone and GPS(and even took the auto-righting cars from Godfather) but (seemingly) ignored the SR garage. Maybe something later in the game includes it.

I don’t care that it isn’t realistic and there’s little gameplay justification, I LOVED tricking out assorted cars and then just admiring my creations.

Well, if it’s like the other GTA’s there ought to be other, better safehouses with more garage space. I hope anyway!

so far i’m on my 3rd safe house still the [Resident Parking] haha

I’ve seen it once or twice, too.

I guess it’s a part of the new gritty, real GTA. It’d be hard to explain away storing 100 cars in the garage. :/

I rather liked that Saints Row didn’t even bother. They just gave it to you.

Oh well. DLC?

I’ve just started playing and the game looks weird. 1280*1024 using the official VGA cable, and the graphics are absolutely saturated with bloom and depth-of-field effects, and also pixellated shadows, like Tom said. Also, the game’s very dark. I had to turn up the in-game brightness to about 75% to see properly.

Now you know what it feels like to have your car stolen. Maybe you should think about that next time you feel the urge to steal someone’s Banshee.

;)

Yeah, I accidentally rammed into a cop car 'cos I couldn’t see where I was going at night.

Yeah… sure… I bet that’s the excuse you gave, after throwing that bottle of vodka out of the window.

The city looks beautiful, but man, it’s blurry…

JEEZ dont we have enough damn GTA threa…

Tom Chick

Neffermind…