GTA4: How do I save my car?

It’s very New York-realistic to have no available parking, much less a garage of your own. :)

Hmmm, there was no yellow box in front of my apartment… and I couldn’t save any cars either.

That gives me absolutely no clues, as I’ve yet to see any pixellated shadow effects. Mind you, I haven’t seen any pop-ins either, so it’s probably just my poor eyesight that fails me.

when you walk out your apartment building, look straight ahead at curb, there is a big square yellow box with Resident Parking written on it.

Plus, if you kill the cab driver when you get where you’re going, the ride is free!

I have three sports cars saved there, currently.

Yeah but then cop is on you, you gotta drive around to get ride of them, and take up more time. it’s only like $30!!!

it’s so easy to get money in the game, you can get like 250k in cash in one particular mission.

I am like 3 hours in and have like 500 gold, how far in is this mission and how do I build the bankroll
EDIT: I said gold instead of cash, but I am leaving it in and laughing at myself…god I’m such a WoW addict :(

I don’t think it’s that far in, I don’t want to put any spoiler. By the time I get to that mission I already banked 30k from just normal mission, that mission just put it at 280k.

That right there is all sorts of fail.

Yeah, I’m not too happy with the graphics engine.

They seemed to have removed and/or not included a lot of good features. I loved being able to get income from stuff in the earlier games. I liked buying houses. And no save anywhere? No storage of multiple cars? No selling cars for scrap?

Pretty lame, Rockstar. You’ve been sorely beaten in feature and convenience lists by Volition. Volition!

Hey, they did make Freespace. :)

I’m loving the look of the city. Bloom - eh, whatever. I love it. My only complaint is the shitty cell phone screen. If they patch the game to make the cell phone background white, it’ll be great.

You can get new cell phone wallpapers in the game.

I’m finding my desire for a save anywhere kind of quelled by the autosave after every completed mission or date.

True, true. But Saint’s Row had it, and GTA IV doesn’t. -1

It will piss you off the first time you go on some collecting or moneymaking or weapons buying spree and then get busted/killed/game crashes. :)

You can get new cell phone wallpapers in the game.

That should help some. Can you change the text color?

Might have been handy to start off with one that allowed you to see the contacts clearly right off the bat…

I’ll give you that if the game crashes. But reload every time you fail? That’s not how I want to play my GTAs.

Who jacks the jackers?