Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I have no idea when she is going to show up again, but it would be pretty pointless to have her and Drax interact the way they did if she wasn’t going to show up… somewhere. Like why even have the dynamic if not to build on it? I just assume in some future movie they will explain Drax’s dreamy look at the end of GotG32 and the fact he almost killed himself trying to save her just hours after meeting her and embraced her as full on family really quickly too.

She’s literally center frame in the Infinity War trailer.

We know she is in infinity wars but we have no idea if they’re going to spend any amount of time with her and Drax on the screen. There’s like 20 heroes in this movie. They don’t all get long personal moments… it would be a 4 hours movie if they did that.

I think that’s just when they pick up you know who floating in space.

I took that as the ending of Guardians 2 when the original group got back together to honor/remember Yondu.

The original “Guardians of the Galaxy” team was the team who Stallone led in the sequel. It could be a reference to plans to do something with those characters

Expendables in Spaaaaaaace

If Mantis could “control or relax” Ego, maybe she can have some kind of effect on Thanos?

Ego was willing and opened himself to Mantis’s powers of soothing. Im not sure she can force it upon someone like Thanos. At least not for any appreciable amount of time. She may be able to use it as a momentary distraction but thats probably about it,

In the end she definitely did it without Ego’s willing participation, when they were inside the planet and she touched one of the “veins” of his brain, or whatever that part of him was glowing in the cracks of the rocks.

She couldn’t hold it for long, and was knocked out of control when she got hit by something else, but it was effective for a minute or two.

I’d be surprised if she could get that close to Thanos though.

I know, which is why I said “Ego was willing AND opened himself to Mantis’s powers” not Ego willingly opened himself. She already had an established connection with Ego, something she wouldn’t have with Thanos.

I think you’re reading more into it than what’s there in the script. There was nothing to specifically indicate she needed to have his earlier permission—that he had to open himself in some way initiallly—to make a connection before being able to force a connection later.

Unless I’m just forgetting some line of exposition somewhere.

I just don’t think the situation will arise with Thanos regardless; Mantis did need physical contact with Ego to temporarily shut him down, and that was easier literally running around inside him than it presumably will be for her to get close enough to catch Thanos by surprise.

Maybe she can incapacitate a member of the Black Order or something though. I even saw some tea-leaves-reading of the magazine covers a few months back because Mantis and Bucky happened to share a cover. Someone was inferring she’d be the one to help fix Bucky’s mind.

So… huh.

Longer piece…

Pardon me a moment.

Well, fuck!

OK, I guess I’m better.

Guess that more or less answers that ☹️

Gut reaction: this sucks, particularly as this was basically an organized campaign by some right-wing nuts to accomplish exactly this.

But damn, those tweets are definitely “un-Disney”. I’m a firm defender of there being no topics that are definitively, always, off-limits for humor, but I still put the responsibility on the person making the joke to know their audience and the context.

And so even though these were like ten years old, it’s crazy that Gunn didn’t delete these long ago, and just as crazy that Disney hadn’t found them sooner—or if they did, even in some universe in which I can imagine Disney previously being okay with the fact that the jokes were made, I cannot fathom one in which they wouldn’t have forced him to delete them already.

I hate that Gunn is losing his job over this, I hate that one of the best parts of the Marvel universe will almost certainly be worse off without him, but that is just unbelievably bad judgement on Gunn’s part that we got to this point.

Ain’t this some shit.

(Caveat: Not defending him or his tweets at all)

I can’t believe that talent agencies aren’t providing social media scrubbing as a general service these days. Once that boy signed with Disney, I’m shocked his managers didn’t sit him down and scroll through his online past to remove anything off-brand.

Imagine if the disgusting jokes and disgusting gore in the movie Bad Taste was held against the director of Best Picture-winning film Return of the King!

I don’t care for this Cernovich character.

How many times now has this happened and we have assumed somebody would check on it. Do you think the conversation just goes like this…

Manager: You haven’t tweeted anything stupid have you?

Celebrity: No, of course not.

Manager: Okay.

Maybe there is a business opportunity out there for someone to start a business where all they do is contract out to review people tweeting history.