Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

It’s slightly comforting to know that should I ever lose my current job, my complete lack of Twitter/Facebook/Instagram activity should help me get a leg up on the next employment opportunity.

What else can the obvious pedophile say in defence of himself? He has to craft some explanation that he hopes people will accept.

I liked all of his movies - the GotG movies, and Super, and think he is responsible for much of what was good in Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead, so I’m really bummed that we won’t get a GotG3 from him, but he wrote some creepy ass shit that nobody who doesn’t have serious issues would write.

Do you think he is actually a pedophile? Or just maybe an asshole who took edgy way too far?

Serious question.

Edit: I haven’t read the actual tweets, so I may be way out of line. If I am please ignore the question.

I’ve read the tweets and unless Desslock has more information than those, it’s a big leap to “obvious pedophile”. Certainly a leap I can’t make.

I think he was likely abused.

Based upon what?

-xtien

This is the world we live in now:

His words and his movies. Tweeting about children in sexual contexts even once would be unusual, let alone doing it many times - they read more like gallow’s humor than any attempt to amuse. And his movies are dominated by themes of children who had abusive parents and/or upbringings getting comfortable with themselves.

It came off as him being an Edgelord. Like a bad Jeselnik. People also forget the dude made fucking Troma.

This angle, I could see, though I don’t really know a ton of his work, at least not that I’m aware of. I knew Super before he started doing Marvel stuff. And Super is pretty messed up.

Sorry, Desslock, that doesn’t necessarily follow. It just doesn’t. Sure, many artists work out their issues through their art. That is true. But making that simple statement, “I think he was likely abused,” without qualifying it is weird. If you’re gonna make it, break it down for us. Give us actual examples of what you’re talking about, because “I think he was likely abused” sounds like you’re using your intuition or a divining rod. Neither of which is fair when making a blanket statement about what you “think” about somebody’s past.

Again. I don’t know if you’re right or not. But make make your case. Don’t just do a drive-by. Because I’d be interested in hearing how you breakdown how his work points to him as being abused.

I’m being sincere in asking this, @Desslock.

-xtien

Twitter seems like one of those things that might be better if it was never invented, like an atom bomb. Too bad the genie can’t be put back into the bottle.

…and yeah I use it too. But at least I try to be conscious of what I post :)

Not sure how familiar you are with Colin’s situation, but he wasn’t apologetic in the slightest and doubled down when called on his shitty joke. Which is… completely the opposite of this situation.

Another difference is that I don’t think Colin was targeted by a Pizzagate conspirator/dude who was arrested for rape as part of a lengthy harassment campaign.

Falsely accusing someone of involvement in sex crimes was a questionable strategy for Cernovich. He was arrested for rape in 2003. He denied the allegation, and the charge was reduced to misdemeanor battery. His record was later expunged. But he couldn’t hide his record as a rape apologist.

“Have you guys ever tried ‘raping’ a girl without using force?” he tweeted in 2012. “Try it. It’s basically impossible. Date rape does not exist.” He’d also tweeted in 2012 that, “A whore will let her friend ruin your life with a false rape case. So why should I care when women are raped?”

On his blog in 2011, he’d written: “I like choking a woman right up until her eyes almost go lifeless.” (This is the man Donald Trump Jr. thought should win a Pulitzer Prize.)

Why should he be apologetic about making a joke aimed at his girlfriend? If someone got offended by it, that’s their problem. I just hate everything about this twitter mob “justice” culture.

He doesn’t have to apologize. But he also doesn’t have to double down and call everyone who disagrees with him a “humorless sack of shit” for a joke he made in poor taste on International Women’s Day. He pissed off his coworkers and business partners and made the decision to stand by what he said. That’s his right, just as much as it was Kinda Funny’s right to tell him that wasn’t cool, which led to them mutually parting ways.

Colin’s gimmick involves plenty of shit-stirring and then playing the victim when called on it. He’d been (self-admittedly) pretty burned out on games at the time and kind of drifting away from the core KF group, so it wasn’t even that he was fired for a bad tweet. Things had been headed this direction for a while and this incident was the tipping point.

True, he could have said “it was a joke, people, calm down” instead of being further inflammatory. Still, my point about twitter mob nonjustice being shit doesn’t change.

His joke was actually just that, a tiny joke. The outrage and assault on him over it by the psycho left was pathetic. He had nothing to apologize for.

Collins former co-workers who turned on him are a bunch of cowards.