Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

He’s using irony to refer to Karl Urban’s cameo appearance in Smokin’ Aces V: Bring Her Back Alive as a mob doctor. You know a, “Dr. McCoy”. It’s a euphemism for “The Team’s Doctor”. Good example of the cultural impact of Star Trek: TOS.

That was the one that started in Geneva and ended in Singapore. About the missing mob accountant (who knew all the data on laundered money) who was accidentally kidnapped? I think she was played by Zoe Saldana?

Hey, let’s keep that rumor wheel spinning!

Just keep trying to CPR this thread, huh?

Instigator…

If by “instigator” you mean “providing meaningful information to a curious bunch of forum goers”, sure, I’ll own that.

Sure this has nothing left to do with the multiple other studios chomping at the bit for his contract with Disney to be officially terminated.

The GOTG franchise has made 1.6 billion dollars, with a b.

If Disney drops him, he is going to go make bank for someone else.

And since the public response has largely turned to overwhelming support, it would probably look like a bad business move to gift a competitor such a highly sought after director over a controversy that has largely already cooled off.

It was really stupid to fire him so quickly, but it is also not very often that a CEO will admit they made a mistake. They are in a bad situation either way.

Gunn gets hired by WB and re-makes the Suicide Squad movie into something good, and nets WB 800 million bucks, that won’t look good to shareholders.

How much is some already apologized for and deleted bad tweets worth? 1.6 billion?

I guess we will find out.

It is over.

Get ready for the James Gunn big budget WB or Sony movie.

James Gunn’s “Justice League 2”. Where the League takes on Starro the Conquerer, because fuck it.

Doh!

Holy crap!

Whoooaaaa?! Yay!

Holy shit. That’s completely nuts.

Not as nuts as firing him was.

Yessssss.

Yes

And

Yes.

My guess is that a few key cast were like ‘fuck it, I’m out if he is’ certainly seemed at least Bautista was leaning that way.

I guess, but like the article says, he was fired last July. Those lines would have been drawn months ago. Part of me thinks this is carefully calculated to get some distance from the initial hubbub, like Disney realized pretty quickly that they goofed but needed to not make a big deal about fixing it. Maybe they told Gunn, look hold on, in eight or nine months we’ll re-sign you after all this has blown over. I don’t know, maybe that’s crazy talk.

And hopefully offer him all the monies.

Just keep kids off the set and everything should be okay. I wonder if he’s still gonna do Suicide Squad 2.

Doubtful. In the mean time, Gunn took on Suicide Squad 2 and probably a number of other projects. I think Disney just finally realized that the risk of having Gunn direct a sure-fire billion-dollar movie was lower than the risk of finding some new director that would put the franchise at some level of risk.

I’m sure they shopped Guardians 3 to lots of directors.

That was my initial argument in why canning him was idiotic in the first place. He made them over a Billion dollars with the franchise, and as soon as they let him go, he went right to another huge project, likely a direct rival in viewership, when the only reason they let him go was bad tweets he already deleted and apologized for that neo-nazis cared about because lol.

They basically fired one of their largest profit driving directors for little to no reason, other than to react quickly and strongly.

Yeah for sure they acted rashly, and I hope Gunn and his agent made them pay dearly for the mistake.