Guild Wars 2: join us for Qt3 guild events, Fridays, starting 5pm Pacific!

And here’s a link that will, I think, launch the Raid Call channel. Alternatively, you can manually join by entering ID number 5023203.

Note that if you’re shy about chatting, that’s totally cool. You can instead just listen in.

-Tom

The ID number is actually 5023203, which took some searching to find.

That was really gratifying! Thanks to everyone who showed up, and especially to omsion – I have no idea how to say your name – for guiding us through those bounties. I look forward to trying the guild rushes we’ll have unlocked next week. Just a heads-up to everyone that we’ll be meeting again next Friday at 5pm Pacific.

The fractals were also really gratifying as well, but also challenging. Tough, but fair. We had to figure out on our own a couple of tough boss fights with unique gimmicks. And I forget how much I prefer doing those sorts of things with people I know.

So am I right that once you’re in the fractals, you have to get through the four mini-dungeons without any way to do repairs? Other than using those repair canisters, of course. And if I’m right, where do you get more repair canisters? Don’t tell me the gem store or I will kick you in the shin.

-Tom

The fractals were a lot of fun. It is always much more enjoyable for me when doing dungeons for the first time to be with those who are also inexperienced. They are memorable and satisfying when the group needs to figure out what to do rather than being led around and told what to do by someone who has been there many times. Even though it is more difficult and time-consuming it makes me feel like an adventurer rather than a tourist.

Indeed! Though I probably missed out on a bit not being in raidcall, it was still a good time, especially on the one that we cut extremely close. My only minor complaint is that guesting over from Tarnished Coast I wasn’t able to see the bounties or any mission info on the Guild tab.

The fractals were also really gratifying as well, but also challenging. Tough, but fair. We had to figure out on our own a couple of tough boss fights with unique gimmicks. And I forget how much I prefer doing those sorts of things with people I know.

So am I right that once you’re in the fractals, you have to get through the four mini-dungeons without any way to do repairs? Other than using those repair canisters, of course. And if I’m right, where do you get more repair canisters? Don’t tell me the gem store or I will kick you in the shin.

-Tom

Repair canisters are the only way, but once you get a few fractals under your belt it starts becoming less of an issue. My group almost ended up naked the first couple of fractal runs we did; now we’re up to fractal 25 and I usually have one or two pieces of damaged armor and that’s it. Remember, as long as all your armor doesn’t reach damaged then you aren’t losing any effectiveness, just a few more silver. :)

As for locating more canisters, aside from shin-kicking I believe I got a couple from the achievement reward chests they’ve been handing out (which are amazing, by the way). They also randomly appear as a reward for finishing 5 of the daily achievements and from the chest for 100% completion in an area.

That was huge fun, last night. I agree with Strummer about being able to run the fractals with guildies and in voice communication. Puzzling out the paths to success was incredibly rewarding; and I know I mentioned this a few times already, but I thought the dungeon vignettes exemplified truly inspired design.

Thanks again to everyone who participated, shared knowledge and intelligence, and who contributed such good humor. The jocularities of the gentlemen’s mixer, my friends, the jocularities.

Unfortunately I could not be online for this but I hope more guild missions will be run.

I do them with another guild and they are entertaining. The guild rushes are great, apart from the crab one in Southsun which is the most frustrating experience the game can offer. The guild mission and challenges are also very interesting and worth looking forward to when they are unlocked.

Will QT3 guild quests become a regular occurrence?

I had a blast as well.

I’m itching to do more fractals now that I’ve had a taste. Anyone want to do one this weekend?

I’d be in.

I’m up for it, for sure. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon?

To fourth the sentiments of Strummer, Hotfreak, and Triggercut, I had a blast working our way through the Fractals. While I do enjoy the down and dirty fun of LFG dungeon in WoW, there is nothing better than figuring out a dungeon with a group of guildies. Fractals remind me of the great times in the past that I had raiding.

I would definitely be up for another round tomorrow night.

What time works for folks? 6pm EDT? 5pm? 7pm?

You can do repairs by relogging in from the character select screen and talking to one of the repair guys in Lion’s Arch. Note: if you are the instance owner, do not switch characters or leave group, it’ll kick everyone from the dungeon/fractal. Also, if you do this method, when you rejoin the fractal, you’ll most likely rejoin as a dead player, though no armor damage is incurred, and if no one is in combat, you’ll be able to safely revive at a checkpoint.

7 or 7:30PM (EDT) works for me.

I believe I could do 7. Any later would be pushing it for me.

Thanks for the info. The no-party-member-in-combat revival rule explains another issue we were wondering about last night.

So the party leader can never repair? And it’s basically a log-off/log-on exploit? Urk. That’s too bad, but I guess they intend for you to get through the fractals without repairs. Fair enough.

-Tom

I think he was saying the party leader can also do that, you just need to not change characters. You should still be left in your group. I think.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

This sucks. I am stuck in horrible traffic and will not be back before probably 8PM (EST). Go on without me, but the next time you guys are up for Fractals just give me a heads up

Currently stuck in a conference call myself…