Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, or "Uh, I've been away for a year or more so now what?"

Yeah, I ran into a “InstanceCreate failed” error yesterday, but Anet fixed it in a later patch. It seems it’s mostly stable now.

And the mounts are awesome. I have three unlocked (raptor and skipper have three masteries unlocked, working on XP to unlock the first on skimmer, and I already have the mastery points to unlock it fully to the third level and beyond), and I’m on my way to unlock the fourth.

BTW, since the cat is out of the bag now: there is a fifth, secret mount, that you can only unlock after finishing the storyline and getting a lot of achievements/collections done (which is an achievement in itself). And it’s AWESOMEBALLS.

BTW, PoF is much more solo-friendly than HoT ever was. You can do most of the Hero Challenges and Mastery Points on your own, which was all but impossible in many cases in HoT.

And the mounts and mount abilities give PoF this “metroidvania” feel. You can’t do 100% completion on the first map without all the mounts unlocked, for instance, and so the game encourages you to go back to the previous maps every time you unlock a new “toy”. It’s really fun, but due to how the account-wide unlock system works, it’s only really relevant the first time you play through it. Anyway, I’m enjoying that quite a bit.