Guild Wars 2?

This is from the official forum, about a minute or so ago:

This is an update to the situation where soulbound items have been incorrectly soulbound to the wrong characters. After further investigation we’ve determined that there is damage to almost all character records that were played this morning, not just to those who transferred soulbound items to or from a bank. To repair the damage, we will have to roll back the state of the game and characters to prior to this morning’s release.

No one wants to lose a play session’s progress. We apologize for this. I’m sure you’ll also have questions about exactly what a rollback means to you. The general answer is that everything about the game state, including things like trading post transactions, will be restored to how it was prior to this morning’s release. The only unusual case will be that if you purchased the game or purchased gems this morning, you’ll still get your purchase.

The process of rolling back and then validating everything to bring the game back up will take hours. We’ll keep you updated. There will be a period of time when these forums will be unavailable, but we’ll post updates through other channels.

Mo

I guess that gives a whole new meaning to “tremors are coming from the north”, huh?

Heh. Okay, that got a snicker. +1

Very glad I’ve been glued to Rimworld over the last couple of days rather than catassing GW2. :0

Yeah, Elementalists have some builds with excellent survivability (mostly dependant on healing), but that means giving up on damage (mostly). Most elementalists you’ll find in PvE don’t build like that - you see more of those builds in WvW or dungeons, I suppose.

Anyway… I have an Elementalist and enjoyed playing with him, but I never truly mastered the class. Maybe I’ll try a more survivable build to see if that changes.

It’s mostly a WvW thing. I don’t like having to keep two sets of gear around, so I built for the more restrictive one and just have to play harder in dungeons to keep up on damage. :P

One of the awesome things the expansion allows you to do is get Fresh Air with a survivable build. Scepter/dagger has decent single-target damage: I start in air, do the quick skills rotation there, then switch air-earth-air-water, using crits from the three-hit autoattacks in earth and water to get back to air for the on-switch lightning bolt and the lightning bolt skill. I usually save fire for might stacking.

Anyway, I’m always happy to chip in with build advice if you want it.

I’ll keep that in mind. Only one of my characters has two sets of armor for different builds, and that is my Necro (I have one power/precision set and one geared for conditions). I should have two sets for my Engineer (which is currently built around kits, particularly the flamethrower - thus with precision/power gear) since condition Engineers are reportedly really powerful, but I’m not playing with my Engineer that much.

I need my game! AAAAAAAAA!

I think Adam Jensen hacked their servers or something. It’s the only explanation.

This is a cinematic that plays early in episode 1 of the Living World Season 3. It’s one of the best cinematics in the whole game, and easily the best in sound fx/design, which is just extraordinary.

No important spoilers, but if you’re sensitive to even minor spoilers, feel free to avoid watching. As for me, I’ll watch (and listen) multiple times, because I think it’s awesome.

Rising Flames is the title for Episode 2 of Living World Season 3, and it arrives on September 20th:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/watch-the-trailer-for-risingflames/

For those who have not unlocked Episode 1 yet, you have until that date to log in and claim it for free.

So, Episode 2 is taking us back to the Ring of Fire (which is a region Guild Wars 1 veterans will surely remember). Here’s a little preview of what expects us on Tuesday in the Ember Bay map:

Some of the daily chests are awesome. I went on the other day because Neverwinter was down for maintenance. I got a chest that had 6 tomes of knowledge. My main is now level 77. I’ll be back soon GW2. When I think I’m out they pull me back in.

this still worth playing from level 1, still hold up well? i flirted with it for a while but never really went all in. thinking about going back.

whats the best ranged dps/bow class?

Ranger is the ranged class in GW2, mostly. It’s also one of the easiest classes to play as. As for best, well, it depends.

Three classes can use the longbow: Ranger, Warrior, and Guardian/Dragonhunter. Two classes can use the shortbow: Ranger and Thief, making the Ranger the only class that can use both kinds of bow.

That said, GW2 has a lot more ranged options. Rifles (used by Engineers and Warriors) and pistols (used by Thieves, Mesmers, Engineers, etc) are the obvious ones, but axes, hammers and even greatswords are ranged options in some classes. So it really depends on what kind of gameplay you enjoy.

For what it’s worth, whenever I’ve logged on (either as my 80 main or any of my alts), there’s always something to do and some direction. I recently created a new Engineer, and it’s been just as fun to play as my higher-level characters (although with a lot of introductory stuff, natch). Every area seems reasonably crowded too, which is nice.

I lost interest in GW2 when the HoT elite classes were announced. My favorite characters are the (Staff) Elementalist and (DD/Shortbow) Thief, but I have zero interest in playing a Tempest or Daredevil.

On a scale from one to completely goofy, how silly is this objection? Are the non-elite classes still viable for endgame PvE and WvW?

I just hit 80 on my elementalist. Started from 1. It was a blast to play, there was never a time that I felt it was getting grindy. As well you sometimes get Tomes of Knowledge from daily chests that bump you up a whole level. In my opinion it’s well worth getting into.

Yup. The power creep in the expansion line is nicely balanced by getting to take three base trait lines.

As someone who still WvWs a lot the non elite classes are non-viable in WvW due to the power creep in the elite lines. For PvE that power creep doesn’t matter unless you’re doing raids and probably high end fractals.