Guild Wars 2?

I had some fun times with this game back in the day, but I realized the other day when I logged in to claim the last episode of season three that I’m never going to actually play season three. Or season two. Or heart of thorns.

I resemble this remark. Every time I think about playing, I realize there’s a good chunk of my backlog that sounds more interesting.

I usually have to reinstall up to the “playable” point to grab the next chapter each time. And yet here I am considering getting PoF - I have ESO sitting here unplayed, no lvl 80 character in GW2 (don’t have HoT), kids bought BDO at some point so I have that around as well…

Kicked my WoW habit a while ago, yet can’t let MMOs go in general. But yet, I don’t play them much either. At least with WoW, the subscription focused me. Now I throw money down “without the guilt of subscription to keep me playing”…and don’t play at all. WTH.

There’s a Path of Fire Preview Weekend going on (started earlier today and goes until Sunday), and it’s open to everyone. If you want to see some of the new features and areas in the expansion, you can go there now!

The last time I fired up GW2, I tried a bunch of Warframe mobility key combos and promptly fell off a ledge, so I may wait until I can more properly dedicate some time to it. :P

Haha, I know exactly how you feel. Ctrl+Space / Space / Ctrl doesn’t work nearly as well and looks nothing like a bullet jump / double jump / slide combo in GW2. ;)

I’m back playing after at least a year off and plan to buy the expansion. However I’m not doing anything with the trial this weekend so as not to spoil it when it launches. Mostly playing WvW but the zones are a bit barren with the trial going on.

Another Path of Fire preview weekend - this time, you can try the new elite specializations. It’s live now and lasts until Sunday, August 20.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-this-weekend-to-try-the-new-elite-specializations/

Path of Fire stress test tomorrow. Details in the link below:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017

Someone in my main guild did an interview with Anet to talk about the story in Path of Fire. Link:

Also, a timeline of the region we’ll be travelling to in Path of Fire - Elona and the Crystal Desert.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-road-to-the-desert/

Really excited about the expansion! I’ve been playing a bit to try and get prepared for the XP by getting Hero Points, map completion, gold, etc. Now I just have to figure out which of my characters I’m taking first to Elona…

So I haven’t followed the press for this other than hearing that we get mounts. Is there any prep I need to do to get a character ready for the Path of Fire content?

-Tom

Well, the story picks up after the events of living world season 3, so complete that if you want to avoid spoilers.

Seven things to do before PoF launches. This quote from #7 pisses me off:

…many of the crafting mats will not be added to material storage.

WTF?! Lazy programming.

Nothing you must do, though I strongly recommend that you finish Living Season 3. It’s always a good idea to clear some space in storage for the new loot, and it’s a good idea to get as many Hero Points you can get to unlock the new specializations faster.

Well, same happened with HoT, but they later added slots in material storage for most of the crafting mats, so I think there’s a good chance the same will happen some time in the future for the PoF mats.

I played the base game alot at launch, but haven’t played since then. Is it worth jumping back in to see if I like it enough to get one or more expansions? Will I get overwhelmed and give up quickly?

I read that article, and I don’t understand any of it.

-Bradley, Level 30 Nooblet