Guild Wars 2?

Haha, I know exactly how you feel. Ctrl+Space / Space / Ctrl doesn’t work nearly as well and looks nothing like a bullet jump / double jump / slide combo in GW2. ;)

I’m back playing after at least a year off and plan to buy the expansion. However I’m not doing anything with the trial this weekend so as not to spoil it when it launches. Mostly playing WvW but the zones are a bit barren with the trial going on.

Another Path of Fire preview weekend - this time, you can try the new elite specializations. It’s live now and lasts until Sunday, August 20.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-this-weekend-to-try-the-new-elite-specializations/

Path of Fire stress test tomorrow. Details in the link below:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017

Someone in my main guild did an interview with Anet to talk about the story in Path of Fire. Link:

Also, a timeline of the region we’ll be travelling to in Path of Fire - Elona and the Crystal Desert.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-road-to-the-desert/

Really excited about the expansion! I’ve been playing a bit to try and get prepared for the XP by getting Hero Points, map completion, gold, etc. Now I just have to figure out which of my characters I’m taking first to Elona…

So I haven’t followed the press for this other than hearing that we get mounts. Is there any prep I need to do to get a character ready for the Path of Fire content?

-Tom

Well, the story picks up after the events of living world season 3, so complete that if you want to avoid spoilers.

Seven things to do before PoF launches. This quote from #7 pisses me off:

…many of the crafting mats will not be added to material storage.

WTF?! Lazy programming.

Nothing you must do, though I strongly recommend that you finish Living Season 3. It’s always a good idea to clear some space in storage for the new loot, and it’s a good idea to get as many Hero Points you can get to unlock the new specializations faster.

Well, same happened with HoT, but they later added slots in material storage for most of the crafting mats, so I think there’s a good chance the same will happen some time in the future for the PoF mats.

I played the base game alot at launch, but haven’t played since then. Is it worth jumping back in to see if I like it enough to get one or more expansions? Will I get overwhelmed and give up quickly?

I read that article, and I don’t understand any of it.

-Bradley, Level 30 Nooblet

Sure, if you have a game, why don’t you try it again? And if you want any help or tips (in-game or out), please let me know.

Don’t worry about it. Most of the tips are meant for “hardcore” players. I’ve played this game thousands of hours and only 3 or 4 of those tips apply to me, so don’t worry about that at all. ;)

2 days. I’m ready!

WHAT IS ALL THIS STUFF IN MY INVENTORY???

-Tom

I have no idea. Birthday gifts maybe? ;)