Guild Wars 2?

New event from July 24th: Festival of the Four Winds.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/festival-of-the-four-winds-begins-next-week/

GW2 noob here and just signed up to play the core game yesterday because, hey, it’s free! Is there a guild here willing to accept a level 2 Elementalist here? Any server to play on?

You bet there’s a guild. There are several of us active, but not necessarily concurrently, or even with each other. However, we have a guild vault with lots of goodies to help new players, and if you see anyone online, we’re all pretty friendly and happy to help out.

Just post your account name and four-digit number and I’ll send an invite.

-Tom

That’s great! I doubt I’ll have much time to do any quests with the members nor my 4 feet tall elementalist asura could contribute anything meaningful for the time being. I’ll sight seeing around Tyria, help some folks out, and hone my skills first before helping out with the guild.

My display name is schroddycat.2905. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Btw, you sound delicious…

If you see me (Equisilus, Sylvari Daredevil, representing Qt3), wave hi, bounce around in front of my face, and generally be very odd. Honestly, I’m not ignoring you I’m just so focused on exploring and getting things done, as some may point out for those that have met me.

Enjoy! GW2 is a fantastic world to experience. There’s nothing quite like it.

Here is an avatar pic. No charge. :)

Invited!

-Tom

Thanks! Been looking for an appropriate avatar!

@tomchick @Equisilus thanks for the warm welcome! I’ll login the game as early as possible and see how’s the guild look like :)

Reminder that episode 4 of Living World Season 4 comes out tomorrow, so, if you haven’t unlocked episode 3, you can still do that today, and don’t forget to login tomorrow (or later) to unlock episode 4 for free.

An interesting sidebar to this (perhaps I’m doing something wrong), but even though I thought logging in would unlock all these Living World episodes for me as they came along, looking at the story it shows every one of them locked going back to when I started playing. Shouldn’t they have unlocked since I was logging in every day (I think I may have missed 2 days since starting)?

Well, if you log in and click that big green star that appears, you unlock it in your account, but to actually play it you might have to play something first or go to a certain place. I’m not sure.

Also, unlocking an episode doesn’t unlock anything prior to it, and I don’t know if there’s some kind of prior checking or something, as I’ve unlocked everything at the right time since the very first one… so I’m afraid I can’t help much…

There isn’t any prior checking, but you’re right in that it unlocking episode 4 doesn’t unlock 1, 2, and 3. You need to login when each was current.

So I logged in again to check and it appears you have to begin the Living World season story to unlock them (I just unlocked all of Season 4 episodes; the lock icon vanishes on them all when I do that).

Well no, they were already unlocked in that you didn’t have to buy them with gems, right? That was just some UI element.

Ah, yes. I assumed the ‘lock’ icon would vanish if they were unlocked, but once I clicked on the story start they turned into chests. At least, I think that’s what happened. Don’t make me second guess myself!

Regardless, all good.

You know, I’ve been logging in and collecting these since Heart of Thrones Season 3 and never actually picking up the game again.

I haven’t actually played since halfway through season 1 and I still log in for the damn things. For me, it’s a semi-common problem with games I feel are so close to being good if only they’d just fix some things. Of course, they’re never going to, but that doesn’t stop me from poking around now and then just in case they did and “you can unlock some content for free you can play if you come back” is as good a reason as any.

I didn’t do any of that logging on stuff and now that I want to play the episodes I got to pony up. So I say give in to that compulsion to log in. Someday in the future, you may be patting yourself on the back for being smart!

For me it isn’t even an issue of GW2 not being good enough - just that I’m an old WoW player that can’t escape. But sure as heck, I have all those story missions unlocked! All thanks to the folks that bump this thread.