Guild Wars 2?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/

Some nice hints of things to come, the main one (for me) being build templates (finally!).

Login starting today to unlock S3E6 forever.

Damn, I think I never logged in for episode 5 and missed it

The Festival of the Four Winds is back again!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/festival-of-the-four-winds-2019-is-live/

I’ve not been big on the festivals so far, but in other news I dug in and went all out to get both the roller beetle and griffin mount this past week. Have to say, I never felt like I accomplished so much in a game before. I came away from it a bit poorer (had to buy some gold because no way was I going to farm for gold forever for all those griffin Open Skies pieces), but I’m okay with that since I received the game for free and sunk a huge amount of time into it since.

So today I even bought the entirety of LW S3, since I began with the S4 series. Now I get why I have such a huge collection of some things with no where to spend them (they are from the S3 maps!). I may even get Season 2, if only for the story, since I don’t think it comes with any new maps from what I read. Any thoughts here on whether purchasing LW S2 is worthwhile when it’s a big backtrack in the story?

Kicks off on Sept 17th.

Time to schedule the next login and out

I honestly can’t get enough of GW2. I bought Season 2 (on sale for half off), having just finished Season 3 (and Season 4, which I started first, is about half done). It’s kind of fun doing the seasons in reverse as you know where they are going but not how they got there, so there’s lots of “ah, that’s why…” moments. Playing them with my original Daredevil Sylvari. One day I’ll try for a nice legendary weapon.

I am thinking of getting back into GW2. I never finished the base game, and am level 40.

I assumethis wiki is the preferred order to going through things?

I have a ton of level boosts from the daily rewards, so my plan is do to the level appropriate main story, boost to the next level required for the story, do that, rinse and repeat, and then work through the order in the wiki.

I assume the older living stories are still worth doing?

You will get scaled down of necessary when you’re doing the storyline quests so you can do whatever you want and do the storyline quests whenever, you don’t need to feel compelled to do them at the ‘right’ levels.

So I would say you can do whatever you want… There’s certainly no dearth of things to do.

Thanks.

I assume I need to pay for the earlier seasons separately?

Yes. You would have to purchase the expansions and the living world episodes separately. When you login you will receive the current episode of the living world but any prior episodes you do not own you can purchase separately. They don’t put the currency on sale but episodes do go on sale now and then so you can get them cheaper if you’re patient.

I just read that if you buy the second expansion - Path of fire – you will receive the first expansion - heart of thorns – included. That’s a pretty good deal as both expansions add a lot of content. The first expansion introduces gliding and the second expansion introduces mounts. Both of those are great additions to the game.

If you haven’t played for a while and haven’t experienced the talent point system, I suggest you look for a mastery point train ( once you hit level 80). These are guided tours that go through the new zones collecting mastery points and points of interest and waypoints and etc. etc. I found them incredibly useful and fun for finding all the out-of-the-way mastery point areas and doing it in a big group. You just kind of Zerg things so you don’t need to be very good at your toon. And at the end of the day you will have a bunch of mastery points toward the advanced classes you’re interested in. They are often announced on Reddit or sometimes in game. They frequently run on weekends. You only need the basic glider and basic amount to join either of them. And you can get those by doing the first two or three personal story missions of each expansion.

Surprisingly, I found a lot of enjoyment in doing the previous living worlds 2 & 3 even though I did them in reverse order from having 4 mostly done. Really put a lot of the story into perspective and well worth doing. I’d recommend the episodes be done when they are supposed to, though, to make the story flow better.

You’ll have a lot of fun with the mounts, I’d expect, once you get into Path of Fire. I’m working on the Skyscale right now and it’s a very long process, but they make getting around a lot easier, look great, and are well worth the time (and sometimes money) in all the extra they bring to the game.

Episode 1 of Season 5 is now available. Get it while it’s still free.

Is the game universe still healthy?

I don’t know, man. I just log in and log out.

Heh. Yeah.

I play every day, but what does it mean to ask ‘is the game universe still healthy?’ Is that in terms of population of the players or just in terms of content to explore?

Cool. I’ll get around to playing through after 3 more years of collecting these I suppose.

Are there plenty of people still around?