Guild Wars 2?

This is specifically a cinematic teaser, so it’s only covering the story. It’s the game equivalent of a movie teaser trailer like this one for Avengers: Age of Ultron:

No new action scenes, no character shots, no new dialogue. It just has lines of dialogue from the previous movies, and a helmet design that is only significant to people who have read the comics. For people who haven’t seen the previous movies or read the comics, it doesn’t show anything about why they should watch this new movie. It’s only targeted at people who have followed the story.

That’s what this End of Dragons teaser is: just a teaser of the story for the new game, meant for people who have been following the story in GW2 or would recognize the environments from GW1. As the game gets closer to release, I’m sure they will have trailers that specifically list out all of the new game features, the new specializations, guild halls, new enemies, all of that. But those elements are probably still being finalized, so they can’t announce them yet.

tl;dr: This is just a story teaser. Full trailers will come later.

If it helps, you’re not alone!

Some free stuff to redeem for those that have Amazon prime.

Yeah. I think this the trend of how people reveal their works in progress these days? There’s this teaser trailer , some arts reveal, and there was livestream event, all clearly to excite the active base so I guess there’s what the priority is. Anyway, the livestream is still up and timestamped to where Mesmer’s third elite spec is revealed:

Mesmer’s third elite reveal gameplay

My code didn’t work, gave an error. Bastards! I NEED MY FREE STUFF FOR GAMES I DON’T PLAY!

Edit: Excuse my rage, just click the “redeem item code” button below the entry text area.

And don’t forget to set a monthly reminder to redeem stuff for a game that you no longer play!

Sweeeeet. Mesmer is my main. Nice to see they went for something similar to the Mirage (in that they build a location-referencing specialization while keeping it related to the base profession in feel), and using daggers in Cantha might be a cool reference to one of the professions introduced in Factions (Assassin) which served as base for the GW2 Thief. It seems to be a mostly DPS-focused specialization again, though it’s hard to beat Chronomancer for support, so there’s that.

Thing I always felt weird about elite specializations was when they took your gameplay style from the first 80 levels then flipped it on its head because they don’t have any elite specialization that allowed the use of the same weapons. My first and main character, a Sylvari thief, used dual daggers for the entirety of the 80 levels and main story until elite came along and my choice led to the use of a staff or range weapons (I stuck with a Daredevil for the staff). Now, I’ve been happy with my choice, but I kinda like my thief being the silent assassin type using daggers.

Happened for most, if not all, of my characters, iirc. Anyone go with a specialization but didn’t use the weapons that were the focus of it?

I think most Chronomancer builds don’t use the shield, and some popular Mirage builds don’t use the axe, so yes? I don’t think most Herald builds use shields either.

That said, it’s hard to see Reapers without a greatsword, or Holosmiths without a sword, so it varies, I suppose.

Do they give you so many different items as an attempt to entice you to buy more bank tabs? Logged in for the first time in forever and trying to clean up my inventory. Also why do they give you a level 80 boost token that is disabled?

If you ask them, they’ll say “no”, but I think the answer is “yes”. I think I have 12 bank tabs now but I could use another 5. (17 is the maximum at the moment)

There was some issue with it and it’s been temporarily disabled until they fix whatever was wrong.

There are also a lot of inventory items that could easily be dumped, like unique clothing items that have already been unlocked in your wardrobe. But honestly, I just think there are a ton of collection quests across the game, so I’ve picked up three Stone Thumbs at some point, left the area, and forgot what I was collecting them for.

Also, this may be a hacky way to expand your storage, but you can always roll alts and park them near the bank to hold your extra items. I have a friendly Sylvari who does nothing but carry all of my extra materials that won’t fit into the bank.

My bags are full of all sorts of odd stuff like dyes and things from anniversary and birthday packs. I’m tempted to just dump everything but the karma/xp boost tokens.

Dyes are consumable unlocks, so don’t throw them away. Either use them to unlock a dye, or throw four dyes you’ve already unlocked into the Mystic Forge and pray for a more useful one.

Or sell them for cash.

Though IIRC the stuff you get from birthdays are bound, so just use them (they’re also really expensive)

Virtuoso’s spec stolen from Reddit. Someone went through the trouble of taking screenshots from the livestream. I’m main in Mesmer currently and this does look like the elite I want to play :)

FB_IMG_1628964751325

New Guardian Elite revealed:

They revealed the new elite for Necromancer too:

And the first to be revealed was the Virtuoso: