Guild Wars: Guild Hall Vote

For those that care about these things, these are the options that we have for our guild hall. We are not going to be able to get it right away, as the market hasn’t exactly stabalized. Instead of the advertised 2000 gold, the cost appears to be closer to 10 times that. Anybody that wants to contribute some money to get our real Guild vs Guild PvP turned on, contact any of the Officers and we will try to meet up with you to take your money.

So, without any further ado, links to the options:

The Burning Island, or something like that. Probably skeletons live here.

Some Sort of Castle.

Druid Encampment. Probably druids live here.

Tough Guy Lodge. Complete with statue of tough guy.

Nomad Settlement. Mad Max meets Baghdad (and my favorite)

Another Castle thingy. This one is a little more swarthy.

Obligatory “Asian” one.

Ever so High Fantasy.

It’s worth noting that the Castle one is all indoors and the others are mostly/all outdoors.

I’d prefer the Burning Island, one of the castles or the Tough guy lodge. (Mad Max would also be acceptable)

I don’t really have a horse in this race, being a guy who prefers staying married and therefore away from MMO’s, but I think you don’t really have any choice but to go with Thunderdome.

I mean, I don’t know about the rest of you, but to me all the others are just dripping with “latent gay”. Seriously: Skeletor Island? Swarthy Castle (Where Seamen Come To See And Be Seen)? The “I’m Hiding Something With The Tough Act” Tough Guy Man-lodge? The “I’m Overcompensating With The Size Of My HUGE” Castle? The “I Brake For Elves” Fantasy Castle and Playland Set? C’mon, do you really wanna be broadcasting the fact that your guild is the electronic equivalent of the Village People?
And don’t even think about the Druid Sheep Brothel that says “I got no time for PVP because I’m TENDING MY HERD” (nudge nudge wink wink).
Note: I might just be oversensitive to that last one because I’m from Montana.

You might be able to get away with the Asian one, but just look at the Thunderdome. All the grit and dirty. The scaffolding all over that just snarls, “Yeah, we were gonna add on a pool table/foosball/surround sound theater room, but we GOT SO BUSY KICKING THE ASS OUTTA THOSE OTHER PANSY GUILDS IN THE GAY CASTLES THAT WE JUST HAVEN’T HAD THE TIME TO FINISH OUR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS!”

So as much as I know gamers want their options, I just don’t see that you have any here. C’mon, sing it with me (you know the words!):

We don’t need another heeee-row!
We just need a non-gay Guild Home!
That’s why we can’t look beyooooooond
The Thunderdome!

C’mon, do you really wanna be broadcasting the fact that your guild is the electronic equivalent of the Village People?

If this doesn’t convince you…

Definitely Thunderdrome!

As an aside, myself and a couple of friends are in our own guild, but we’ve moved to the US servers as we swiftly got tired of being in a minority of english speakers (I knew I should’ve paid attention in French classes). Usually we’re a fairly big group but there’s only 2 or 3 that are playing - is that too much for us to join QT3, bearing in mind that I’m the only forum regular in the group?

I don’t have a dog in this fight either, but I just wanted to say that you should get the druid one, because then nobody will know who you are or what you are doing, which would give you a major tactical advantage.

I like the Asian one.

While we’re talking about the guild, I haven’t accepted or rejected the invite that someone sent me yet, because some friends and I are probably going to be starting our own… but perhaps I’ll join the QT3 guild with this character and make the other one with a different character. Who knows?

Sorry, bags, but guild membership is account-based, not character-based.

Then I’m torn between two worlds. Two worlds!

Join the Many. You know it’s right.

I just saw this post. What is the policy on bringing a couple of non-Qt3ers into the fold? I only have three other people in my prospective guild, and one of them did used to post here.

When i get Guild Wars at some point between the 7th and 16th through snail mail, and when i’ve installed the game and perhaps joined the qt3 guild, then i would at that time vote for the High Fantasy castle. At least from the screenshot :).

I just saw this post. What is the policy on bringing a couple of non-Qt3ers into the fold? I only have three other people in my prospective guild, and one of them did used to post here.[/quote]

Come on, whoever’s in charge! Inquiring minds want to know!

I refuse to take the mantle of being “in charge”, but I think the central question is whether or not they’re assholes. If they’re good guys and there are just a couple of them, I don’t think anybody cares. The guild size limit is 50, and I don’t know how many we have right now, but we’re not scraping the ceiling yet. It’s not an issue unless somebody complains.

[size=2]edit: spelling[/size]

Yeah, they’re good guys there’s just a couple.

I can vouch for my lot - we do have some uh, “interesting” personalities amongst our gaming crew but none of them play Guild Wars :)

Ok, I’m in. One of my friends doesn’t want to join, but that’s his tough luck for now. Please invite Miranda Deus and Ludwig Featherbottm [sic].

I like the black one.
Julia-Louis Dreyfuss

Why does everyone have to vote for the joke answer? SO childish.

Well, I like the Thunderdome, Burning Island, and the first Castle one, but I’ll vote for the Thunderdome, if only because it reminds me of Fallout.

The Thunderdome one rocks. I really want to pick up this game.