Guild Wars: Guild Hall Vote

I’ve managed to get to Lion’s Arch now, and I’ve had a look round most of these guild islands. To be honest… they’re ALL pretty cool.

they’re ALL pretty cool.

There is certainly more to them than I was expecting. The only ones that I really don’t like are the high fantasy one and the Tough Guy Lodge.

But yeah, they put a fair amount of work into giving them all personality and making them interesting to look at. If we want to be practical about it, we will actually have to DEFEND this guild hall against attackers in GvG combat. I don’t know what the big differences are strategically, but some of them are definitely more complex than others. Like, the primary castle one is pretty straightforward, but the Thunderdome and some of the others with all the teleporters are downright confusing.

Thunderdome is very cool. Also on my I have about 500 gold on my ranger alt character that I am going to trash (Beek Gwenders), when I get a chance I will log in and give the money to one of the officers before I delete that characters. Not much I know, but every little helps.

Once I upgrade a few pieces of my armor on post searing, I will start farming and give you some cash from that character (Cyrix Andorian).

[EDIT] I secretly crave the “skeletor” evil looking place, but since it only has a few votes I will say publicly that it sucks…SUCKS I SAY

LONG LIVE THE THUNDERDOME…

I’ll be happy if I ever actually make it to Lion’s Arch and a Guild Hall, but FWIW, I voted for Skeleton/Burning Island. The artisan sculptors went to a lot of trouble to carve those slackjawed skulls into the mountainside, and I want to show a little respect.

It also looks like Kong may wander by the cave entrance, and that would be great, because then we could capture him and make mad gold in a carnival-like setting back in town.

… oh man, I’m sold.

I can’t believe people are voting Thunderdome. Like the game isn’t brown and desolate enough.

Actually, given that I’ve spent a serious chunk of the game in deep snow and ice storms, before ending up on a tropical beach with poison swamps, desolate would be a nice refreshing change right now.

Dude, I gotta know: was “Ludwig Featherbottom” already taken, so you had to do that, or was it just your fetish for names comprised of misspelled words that drove you to it?

Also, I’d like to point out that I predicted that the guild would have no choice but to go towards Thunderdome. HRose, you are officially on notice.

Dude, I gotta know: was “Ludwig Featherbottom” already taken, so you had to do that, or was it just your fetish for names comprised of misspelled words that drove you to it?

Also, I’d like to point out that I predicted that the guild would have no choice but to go towards Thunderdome. HRose, you are officially on notice.[/quote]

I’ve asked the person whose name that is to answer for it.

Also, how does the Guild Hall work? Can we just go there and hang out? We also fight there, right? So if we’re there hanging out, can we hang out while other members of the guild are fighting with another guild?

Also, how does the Guild Hall work? Can we just go there and hang out? We also fight there, right? So if we’re there hanging out, can we hang out while other members of the guild are fighting with another guild?

Yeah, the guild hall is instanced also. Currently there isn’t any practical benefit to the guild hall besides it unlocking Guild combat. Theoretically they are planning on maybe implementing sparring matches, dummy combat for build testing, etc that are linked to the Guild halls, but none of that is official. I also heard something about potential mini-games (chess, tag, etc) in guild halls, but that was probably bullshit some forum chick cooked up.

So is that a yes, we can hang around and watch the fight, or no? Sounds like a no. But it would be pretty rad. So would all of the other things you mentioned.

Oh. You didn’t say anything about watching the fight in your actual post, there.

You can’t watch it, but you can be in a separate instance of the guild hall while the fight is taking place.

Dude, I gotta know: was “Ludwig Featherbottom” already taken, so you had to do that, or was it just your fetish for names comprised of misspelled words that drove you to it?[/quote]

“Ludwig Featherbottom” would have gone past the maximum number of characters allowed for a name so i picked one letter to drop and my Me/N became “Ludwig Featherbottm”

Bringing this thread back to the top for a little while.

I am up to almost 9k on my primary character now, but the price of a guild hall has increased from ~20k to ~30-35k. I should be on for a few hours tonight, so if anybody wants to cash out their crafting materials/dyes/etc and donate some guild hall money, that would be cool.

I kind of liked the idea of earning it via proving ourselves in the Hall of Heroes, honestly. But if not, I’ll donate.

I’m fine with that, but the problem is that we need to get 8 guild members to the Tombs, and I don’t think anybody has gotten there yet. Or maybe just 1 of us has to get there.

I’m not entirely clear on how the dropping of the Sigil works. I think only 1 is dropped per win and it’s randomly assigned to 1 person on the team. I’m pretty sure that it would have to go to an RP character, because the PvP characters can’t get to Lion’s Arch, and PvP characters cannot trade with other characters… So.

We’d probably either have to win (on average) 8 times with 1 of us actually there or once with all 8 of us actually there.

If we can get the money in the meantime, I think we should go ahead and buy it, but if that doesn’t happen and a bunch of us get there, then who knows.

There are quite a few people who are up to the Divinity Coast / Druid’s Overlook area now, so we’re getting there.

That is going to prove difficult. To win you have to have a well balanced and well organized PvP machine. We were dinking around in the 20th level PvP area in the tournament and a successful pvp group looks like this:

3 Wa/Mo (or at least W/something, I would say at least 2 Wa/Mo at minimum)
3 Mo (healers with any secondary but ready to heal)
1 Mesmer either on their own or mixed in there
1 elementalist on their own or mixed in there
Maybe a ranger to stop people from running mixed in there.

On top of this you have to actually know what you are doing as much or moreso than the people you are fighting. Knowing the lack of staying power for any given game here at QT3 I am skeptical of us getting 8 20s together to PvP much less 8 of the right class mix and of a skill that we could actually ever win in the HoH.

I think we would be better served just buying the damned thing despite the fact it now costs 15-18x what it was originally supposed to. Add this to another thing that I don’t like about the game. A game mechanic that caters to catassers? Not good.

– Xaroc

Hmm, but if we can’t get a good 8-man PvP-team together yet, what use do we have for the guild hall exactly?

Sure, that’s true. Maybe I’m more hopeful than Xaroc.

But, if we don’t have a Guild Hall, and thus the opportunity to have some people at least try the PvP, then I see continued guild-wide interest as less likely. There are disadvantages to a PvP-only character playing in Tombs, but there are no disadvantages to a PvP-only character playing in GvG.

Are we looking at 35-40k right now? And is there a shared guild coffer to send to? I might be able to scrounge up 500 between my four baby characters. Gold’s easy to get, and I’d like to see this guild hall thing.