Guilty Music Pleasure

So Beck’s dropped from cutting edge artist to guilty pleasure now? How sad.

Don’t worry. Brian Eno is still alive. And so is David Byrne.

And they’ll probably both be turning up in this thread pretty soon, I imagine.

Blame not the artists… blame the entire misguided concept of Guilty Pleasure. You’d almost think the feeling of guilt was a personal emotion and a completely arbitrary way of labeling music or any other art form.

Well, consider the source a little. ;)

It’s not one of Beck’s better reviewed albums. (Though his older stuff depresses me. A lot of '90s stuff depresses me. The whole “grunge” genre is depressing as fuck.)

Not a fan of Nirvana I guess?

No. Regardless, the album I linked to is mostly just “pop”, not that far removed from something by Taylor Swift (or whoever ghost writes this stuff), hence the real “guilty pleasure”.

I can’t say I like any of his music, but to me this guy is the #1 most fascinating person in the music industry at this moment:

He’s been nearly as successful as the Beatles (including George Martin), yet hardly anyone has heard of him. Not sure whether to feel dirty or impressed.

That’s awesome! Is the collaboration a one-off or is there an album?

There are at least two albums.

Does he cover any ABBA songs?

I’m assuming this cover was a hit down here back in the day because I hear it on the radio frequently and it’s really grown on me.

I love this song and live it every day except the not having a girlfriend part

At only 2:41 long they would have to repeat it frequently.

I was just sitting in the car with the youngest (11) and let her pick the station while we wait for he other kids to get out of school. I’m on my phone and not really paying attention and notice I’m digging the song playing without realizing I’m listening to the Top 40 station. I check the artist and it’s the freaking Jonas Brothers new song Cool. I’m not a music snob and have no problem with some current pop. But I did do a double take at Jonas Bros.

I get crap from everyone every time I put this album on.
From 1977, the Glam rock band Angel releases their third album, “On Earth As It Is In Heaven”.
I love it, but I admit that back in 1977, it took me months until I could tolerate the singer’s voice, but the cool pop songs made it all worth it!