Guilty Music Pleasure

Trivia regarding the band Angel:

Keyboardist Gregg Giuffria went on to found a couple of bands in the 80’s, Giuffria and House Of Lords.

Vocalist Frank Dimino had a minor hit in 1983 with a song from the soundtrack of Flashdance, “Seduce Me Tonight” under the name of Cycle V.

Guitarist Punky Meadows was famous for his appearance in a Frank Zappa song.

For the life of me I can’t tell you why. Middle school me was all Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart and I hated this music. But I like this now. Guilty Pleasure/Coversong crossover.

First wife was a fan of Angel. I enjoyed listening as well.

Lyrics like these will get you killed as a rapper!

I still listen to the Transformers:The Movie soundtrack on a regular basis. It’s cheesy 80s hairband stuff, but it’s Transformers!

I was prompted to post in here about this because of this:

I saw these guys in concert a while back and it was awesome. Sit down Saturday evening and enjoy some crazy people dressed up like robots playing cartoon music!

@ineffablebob Yay someone to share my shame!

I was close to backing the cybertronic spree on kickstarter but between my one year old and moving house found it hard to justify. Glad to hear they’re good!

Nothing to feel guilty about. But if we’re going down that path…

One of my all-time favorite songs

This was great, thanks for posting and bringing back some childhood memories.

Some of those backgrounds are amazing. But… Wimpy was going to put that bird into the meat grinder still alive? That’s some dark stuff.

I could never get tired of hearing this, either: