Guitar Hero DLC going away

Sad to say that the downloadable songs for the Guitar Hero, DJ Hero and Band Hero games, and the Guitar Hero mobile game will no longer be available after March 31, 2014. The Guitar Hero servers will stay online and any previously purchased downloadable content is unaffected by this change.

Bye bye!

Isn’t it the same for Rock Band? That being said, I have like $50+ worth of RB DLC, and I still gave away my entire RB rig including old PS3 last Xmas. So it’s not really a problem. Is anyone still playing plastic band these days?

Last I heard you could still buy most of the Rock Band tracks, they just weren’t making any new ones, and there’s a slow trickle of things leaving the store as various contracts run out. I don’t think they’ve completely pulled the plug on all of it or announced any plans to yet, but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention.

Rock Band 3 still lists over 6200 pieces of add-ons on Xbox Live. Included in those is the free version of each song and song packs, so I suspect the actual songs on sale are probably around 3000.