Gunfire Reborn: Wild FPS roguelite - 3M copies sold

When is the next content update? Not soon enough :/

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3050602862757980795
There are several weapon, scrolls and hero balance changes inside. Some of them are pretty good.

Hoo, that one was tough. On to Sports Car and Sky’s the Limit, I guess!

Game is on sale, less than 8€ right now.

Am I missing something or does the game not support a resolution higher than 1280x1024?

E - AH, you have to change the aspect ratio to get additional resolution options. That’s kinda stupid.

I was real close to refunding it.

The new update is here

It contains :

-a new hero
-reworked talent tree
-2 new weapons
-a new boss for the third area
-a new difficulty (with seven tiers, too, so almost infinite difficulty), that has 2 exclusive npcs
-7 new scrolls
-new vault in third area
-new achievements

I’ve been playing a few public coop runs, it seems with the update there are more people online.

The game is, surprise, easier in coop. In fact I just have beaten the game easily in Elite, and before I hadn’t even reached the Fjord stage.
In coop there are more enemies and they are more tanky (they also do more damage? not sure of this part), but with several players you can be revived, you have an easier time against enemies with shields, and obviously you can use elemental combos constantly. This three features compensate easily the higher enemy difficulty.

And as a bonus, you gain a bit more essence because there are a few more enemies.

Oh, by they way, the game has sold now 1.5 million copies.

New update

with new endgame content:

New improved controller settings

• Added controller vibration support for hero skills
  • Added several controller slider options including deadzone, outer threshold, turning boost, turning boost ramp time and turning boost ramp delay.
  • Added support for linear response curve
  • Optimized the slider range of turning speed
  • Optimized controller sensitivity formula
  • Optimized the increase/decrease speed of value when using a controller to adjust each slider option
  • Optimized vibration when firing with some weapons

and some new level content:

• Removed Guard Seal event in reincarnation mode
  • Added 2 new vaults in [Basement of Longling]
  • Added a new vault in [Desert Ruins]

Oh I’m going to have to try that out. The game seems cool, but oddly it does not feel great playing with controller. Mainly the aiming.

New update

Three new scrolls, and many other ones reworked. However the more important news is that the price of the game will increase.

Which seems fair as it’s currently criminally underpriced.

Game will be out tomorrow.

A video for noobs, meanwhile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb6f9JNbkIo

Oh, already? Cool!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/5680722896203019195

New hero, seems a turtle, specialized in melee:

edit: oh shit: “Unlock: 600 Soul Essence”. Time to save :(

New map, a frosty outdoor area

+9 monsters, + 2 new elite variants

The boss

Two new weapons
[Icy Spear]

Mortar

+New Reincarnation 8 difficulty
+11 new scrolls
+18 new enhanced variants

Maybe I’m misremembering, maybe I lost my edge in this last half a year, but I could swear I was better at this game. I’m being killed mercilessly lol. I remember I finally had beaten the game on Elite a pair of times just before I stopped playing last time (June?), so I kinda expected at least reach the third area in my runs but… after four tries I still wasn’t able to do it.

Perhaps they have succumbed to The Curse of Early Access Games and tuned the difficulty too their hardest core, most vocal players.

Game doesn’t seem harder, I definitely got rustier.

The environment can kill you more, the traps were buffed at some point it seems, and in 1.0 they made the explosive barrels more damaging too. Apart from that, it’s me being rusty, I think.

Still, the new weapons are fun. For the new character I’m going to have to grind for a pair of days, I wish they had unlocked him at player rank 100 or so. :/