Gunner, HEAT, PC: a simulation game about modern mounted combat, with special attention to authenticity and fun

Don’t feel bad, I’ve been playing it over a year & often still get lost or can’t find my objective until the enemy parks an ATGM or tank round in my turret.

The platoon AI is still a work in progress, so sometimes it works great & you get these awesome battles with 15+ tanks slugging it out. Other times my platoon sits there and lets me be a one-man army, surges forward into obvious doom, or immediately takes off to launch an ambush and they’re scanning for more targets among the burning enemy hulks by the time I catch up.

The big map in the Patreon demo “slice” has been a big improvement & help to my play style. The scenarios have objectives marked & often an order to take them. I like taking my platoon around hills & tree lines where the enemy cannot make visual contact. Then when I hear the shooting start, hit from the flank and have a different line of fire from the main friendly AI force.

I’ve been really surprised how the M2 Bradley is an awesome or frightening fighting machine, depending which side you’re on. The 25mm really tears up APCs and even older tanks from the sides or rear, and having a fast platform with eight TOW missiles zip over to a flank can be complete hell on Warsaw Pact armor attacks.