Gunnerkrigg Court

…is a pretty odd, quirky, well-drawn webcomic that goes from darkly amusing to surprisingly moving in the span of its first 6 chapters.

(Mad props to quatoria for showing me this - if you like it, thank him.)

EDIT: the page I linked to is the newest update. Check the Archives link to start from the beginning.

Jerks.

I opened it up, thought the panel you linked was the first one, then realized it wasn’t. But I bookmarked it… after you bumped this thread.

A quirky lil comic, it grew on me the more i read it.

Edit cuz i can’t spell no goodz.

I liked it.

It reminds me a lot of Jhonen Vasquez, if he had the heart to tell an emotional story instead of writing weird jokes for the sake of it.

I read the first chapter. I like it quite a bit. Something about the art or the framing makes it feel a lot closer to a real comic or graphic novel than what I think of as webcomics, though maybe I just need to read more webcomics than OOTS and Penny Arcade. I’ll definitely continue with this one.

person examining student’s protein crystal growth experiment utilizing zero gravity: “wow! zero gravity!”

annoyed student: “no! protein!”

Way cool. Thanks, Bill.

Orpheo: You might also want to check out girlgeniusonline.com .

Thanks, quatoria.

YAY you guys like it! Glad to share.

I didn’t notice the thread first time round, but I checked out the comic now and am really digging it. Thanks for the link.

Bookmarked, and I don’t do that for many webcomics.

It’s really nifty, but I’d like to remain a jerk.

Edit: also, Dr. Disaster? Best teacher ever.

Your last-page link sucked, but I did read about the shadow’s escape and I enjoyed it :P

Don’t most to all webcomics do that? It’s the Home page you silly fucker. However, I admit I ought to have guided folks towards the Archives to read it from the beginning.

Sure, blame the victim.

Fuck her, she deserved it.

OH HAHA OOPS we’re talking about webcomics and not hookers. My bad.

Nice find, Bill. Love it.

Troy

I want this for my desktop background, but my monitor is widescreen. I need the bird shoved further over to the right on a 1680x1050 field of black, but I have no skills with Photoshop. I can just center the picture, but it doesn’t look good since the branch cuts off. Can someone please clue me in on how to do this or even do it for me if you’re feeling kind?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8640/orphxq1.jpg

enjoy