Gunnerkrigg Court

Looks to me like Coyote has decided to “change” the nature of the forest’s relationship to the Court. In rather dramatic fashion.

I gather he was impeded by the assassin in the river, and now that she is gone, he’s got free reign to cross and mess with the Court in ways he couldn’t before.

Of course this is all just my interpretation from images with no words or thought bubbles, so I could be entirely wrong.

Yes, though exactly why he’s using Ysengrin as his instrument is hard to guess. At the beginning of this chapter Ysengrin was thinking “I hate them I hate them I hate them,” seeming to mean Coyote, Annie, and whatshisname the good luck guy. But he’s been fond of Annie up to now, so maybe he just meant the Court. Things have definitely not been spelled out for us.

I don’t think Ysengrin hates Annie, or at least I certainly hope not, since that would mean we can’t believe ANYTHING we’ve seen in the forest. But I can understand his hating (or at least resenting) the Court, since it represents everything he is not, and it has always been a barrier/off-limits to him.

Annie is sure as hell afraid of him at the moment, though.

Yerp.

Yeah, something changed/snapped in him during those scenes a few weeks back where Coyote was in his head. Changing his memories around, maybe? I was not really sure what was going on there.

Ohhhhh, right. Little glowing ball?

Yeah, something is up with that. It was even on the chapter title page.

But also this,

Moo? Moo!

What?

There’s a laser cow in the corner of today’s last panel.

… going back and reading a few strips ahead from the one linked reminds me that the green space in the Court is mostly populated with samples from the forest. Useful!

Bump!

Okay, I have to admit I wasn’t expecting time travel

My daughter finished reading the 2nd volume and asked if she can have the next one. No problem.

Interestingly, all the other volumes are available for £10-£15.

Yeah, wow, that volume is being price gouged like hell in the US, too - $100 or so for a paperback, as much as $961 for a (new) hardback copy.

Must be out of print.