Gunnerkrigg Court

I don’t care for Dresden Codak, actually. His infrequent updating, weird-for-the-sake-of-weird layouts, and general lack of storytelling turn me off.

Agreed on all points; I’m enough intrigued by the foreshadowing of the story to come that I haven’t given up on it yet. But it took a couple of re-readings and re-viewings just to figure out what the hell was going on. :/

WOAOAAAH. that’s !@#$ing awesome.

I love Gunnerrigg’s Coyote–both for personality and visual style.

I read a few chapters. It does start off a bit slow and a bit ugly, but it does grow on you. Very nice.

I’d pay for a T-shirt with this on.

http://www.zazzle.com

Great find, Quatoria and Bill D. I really enjoyed reading this, and my heart sunk when I realized I had reached the last completed page.

This is the first time I’ve considered buying the book form of a webcomic.

I actually bought the Argon Zark book back in the early days of the web when it was pretty much the only well-drawn comic. I see he’s still very very slowly putting out comics, and I guess that’s still the most effort per frame of any comic out there.

But the story is weak, the characters are rather precious and twee, and I don’t recall anything very funny in it for years and years.

Edit: I see the last comic is 2007, and latest news is from 2005. So maybe it’s not exactly all that ongoing anymore anyways.

Mine’s pre-ordered. It’s a great comic.

The Gunnerkrigg Court collection is out at last. It seems that there were some legal problems with the publisher. That’s been worked out and Amazon delivered my copy earlier today. For those of you near comic book stores, apparently there are copies available there as well. Poor Tom Siddell apparently had to buy his own copy at the local comic store.

As for the book - it’s lovely. About 300 pages, with a nice binding, and no loading times between pages. I wasn’t sure what to expect given the web comic source material - but they did a very nice job with the color - all the pages are bordered in glossy black, and the colors seemed in harmony with the web version. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of extras - a Neil Gaiman quote on the back cover, a little (and I mean a little) bit of bio fluff on the back. No mention at all that Tom Siddell is the artist behind the alternative Qt3 logo, but perhaps in the next volume.

Neil Gaiman?

Neil Gaiman. The Sandman guy? Apparently a big fan of Gunnerkrigg Court. Isn’t that how you spell his name?

Yeah, I know who it is. That was more of a “No shit?” response. I just think that’s all kinds of awesome that he’s a Gunnerkrigg fan.

Shit, the best Penny Arcade was able to do on their first collection was, like, Bill Amend or something. Granted, he wrote a whole Foreword for them…

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, Jonathan. I just ordered mine. I love GC–one of my two weekly must-reads (along with Girl Genius).

This has pretty much become my favorite webcomic ever, especially with the current story.

I read through the first two Chapters of this right now while blowing off actual work. I love the art and the mood and I’m enjoying the story so far. I ordered the book.

I wish Amazon accepted Paypal.

Damnation, I have work to do and this is distracting me. Through the first 6 chapters. Fantastic stuff.

No, that’s because they use Bill Me Later™! An awesome new way to buy things and, of course, to have them… bill you later! It’s terrific, and everyone should stop using PayPal and use Bill Me Later instead! And you know that this is true because I am telling you so and because I would NEVER even consider telling you otherwise – do not let the fact that I have a few good friends working for BML allow you to think that I am only saying this on their behalf!!11!eleven!!