Gunnerkrigg Court

I want a Laser Cow.

Having them all named “Elsie” is brilliantly horrible. It’s so un-funny, it wraps all the way back around into funny again.

By the way, Tom’s comments below each comic are must-reads. Sometimes they make what’s going on clearer. Usually they’re just witty.

“Bob married a tree, basically.”

I found the book at Half-Price Books tonight and snagged it. Reminded me this existed, also. Didn’t realize he’d done the Qt3 logo.

Only a few chapters in but really enjoying this so far. Thanks for pointing it out Bill/quatoria.

C.

Is this for US residents only? They wants the last four characters of my social security number. Also, what exactly are they charging? Is this like a credit company?

It’s basically a competitor to Paypal. I don’t know many of the details, I was just… being silly, because a few friends/former cow-orkers all went to work there. (They invited me along, too, but I would’ve had to commute to SF due to some family issues here in SD, and that wasn’t going to work.)

Basically, you buy what you want to buy, and then they send you a bill for it. BML pays whomever, then you pay BML. The trick is that they’re able to run (basically) instant credit-checks to see if you have the money. So it’s not like getting approved for a credit card; it’s that you’re approved with credit for each individual purchase you make. Kinda cool, actually.

I’m enjoying this new story as much as I enjoyed the last one. Is it me, or is this comic just starting to get really, really good right now?

I guess I owe quatoria (by way of Bill Dungsroman) muchas gracias for the find.

She died, and we did nothing.

Man, this guy is good. I started reading at the end of chapter 3 and haven’t missed an update since.

Seems like a good time to mention that volume 2 is available for preorder.

It was always great, IMO. It’s amazing the way it shifts between moods. Cheery and not acting serious in one stretch, but can be serious and thoughtful the next. I have difficulty describing it to people, honestly. Senses working overtime indeed.

The current chapter has been amazing.

She died, and we did nothing.

Yep.

diego is such a fuckwad

Thanks to QT3 for getting me hooked on this. I never miss and this most recent chapter is really fascinating. Wonderful all around.

“Better to have loved and lost than to be … dead or something.”

Yeah, the current storyline (and the writing in general) is great. I think the art is fantastic, too–it’s really cool to see how much it’s evolved. Look at the recent strips, and then go back and look at chapter one. Wow.

Thanks for the heads up - though I can’t let myself believe that Amazon’s date of January 20th, 2010 could be accurate.

A sad face!

The saddest face!

Yeah, it really has come a long way.

The expressions on the girls’ face after that little “home movie” pretty well mirrors mine while I was reading those strips, too. Which just shows how well-written the whole thing is.

Live stream of Tom painting Friday’s comic (actually the cover page for the new chapter):