Gunnerkrigg Court

So, wack Rimbo hypothesis: Jones is a mechanism created by Diego to replace his spurned/lost love.

Golem Jones + Ghost Jeanne = Resurrected Jeanne?

More like, “Diego is guilty over the death of Jeanne, so he builds a lifelike model of her to replace her.”

Apparently not.

“Also; not my boyfriend.”

:) Love her expression when she makes that statement.

Good story arc, I’m continually impressed by this web comic and the world the author has created.

I’m not sure if I like that expression better, or Renard’s in this one. :)

If you are not reading every episode of this and seeing the awesomeness there is something wrong with you.

Agreed, the latest story arc is awesome and not what I expected at all.

I find it interesting that Antimony still has the cut on her cheek from her first encounter w Jeanne. The ‘blazing heart’ thing plus Jeanne’s verbosity caught me to. Still loving the comic.

She says it was bought with her death, and we can see it’s Parsey’s heart — she must be the reason Parsey and so many of the Court people have special powers.

I love GC, but I eventually had to drop it from my RSS reader. Its nature as a webcomic made it extremely difficult for me to follow the plot. Not because the story is poorly told, but the slow pace that pages get posted means that stories sometimes refer to things that happened years before. It’s not casual reading. Sometimes even the transition from one page to the next is confusing when those pages have been separated by a weekend or a few days, and you need to go back to remember what’s going on.

I think this kind of comic is ideally consumed in a long, intense reading session, where you devour multiple issues at once. I sort of wish the author would post a full issue less frequently, rather than individual pages every few days. Of course, I realize that’s not conducive to bringing in web traffic.

Yeah, my knowledge of the GC universe is so fragmented from jumping around to different bits as people point them out, only reading small bits at a time, etc., that when people talk about a new page and say “Oh right, that clearly means X because she already knew Y when they went and Z…” my own response is “whu?” I really need to reread the whole thing from the start at some point and get a more coherent view of everything that’s happened.

The thing is, GC is so good, that I don’t mind re-reading it from the beginning every few months. Not one bit. I admit that with recent events I realize I’m due to do so. Also… I find myself doing that with each chapter now, too; the chapter ends, and I’ll go back and re-read it as a piece.

Also, I’ll go back a couple of strips with each update to get context.

But right now I can’t imagine waiting, or NOT reading it. I’m hanging onto every strip, and staying up 'til midnight so that I can see what the next page is going to be.

I re-read GC from start up to the current chapter a few days ago and noticed a lot of things that I missed the first time around, mostly having to do with Jeanne. Still wondering what Jones is.

Also picked up a GC t-shirt a while back (the green one with the court symbol) and it was fun to have it recognized at PAX.

Today. Third panel.

| 8O

^—this

I SO love this comic.

I didn’t know eyebrows could do that :) I was wondering who the title of the chapter (The Coward Heart) referred to. Nice way to have it answered.

Parley rocks.

Discovering Gunnerkrigg Court and informing QT3 (and by extension me) of its existence should grant Rimbo entry into the Kingdom of Awesome. Tom Siddell should be a multi-millionaire.
End of line.