Gunz

Well like I said, servers that actually work. But I feel your frustration; it was twenty-four full hours of trying before I could actually log on, but the fact that it was actually worth it is a testament to how great this game is.

It seemed like a pretty crappy shooter to me.

Which by itself doesn’t refute a description like “Basically, it’s an online multiplayer combination of Ninja Gaiden and Dead to Rights, with light RPG elements.”

LEAVE THIS FORUM IMMEDIATELY.

Which by itself doesn’t refute a description like “Basically, it’s an online multiplayer combination of Ninja Gaiden and Dead to Rights, with light RPG elements.”[/quote]
I dunno if I’d call those RPG elements “light”, because from what I saw you need to spend an unholy amount of time playing just to replace your embarassing start gear with the next tier of stuff. And I’m half Korean.

They’re light because levelling up does absolutely nothing other than qualify you to buy new gear, which is ridiculously expensive and actually gives you not that much help. That’s the only thing I would change about the design of this game; more items that are easier to buy and have more of an effect.

Gunz is UP!

Bah, i got onto the server (looks like they have 2 now) but whenvever i’m in game, all i see are the lil disconnect symbols over peoples heads and they don’t move. Firewall or other problems maybe?

The actual control mechanics of running around and jumping off stuff though doesn’t seem all that smooth though, could certainly have been done more intuitively.

They work fine for me. It takes a little bit to get the hang of them, but they’re actually pretty smooth.

This game is pretty silly, extarbags pretty much nailed the equipment issue dead on… I don’t think leveling up actually makes your character any better aside from the better equipment he’ll probably have regardless. Seems like a weird design decision (let’s have a level system! except it doesn’t do anything!).

As for the gameplay itself its overly simplistic, I was surprised there was both ranged+melee attacks, but saddened it wasn’t more like Savage (where melee actually required skill… ya know?) – this game feels like a huge clickfest, and all of the weapons seem weak.

By the way, how the heck do you even invert the mouse??

Much like Gunbound it’s an old concept, done worse, with dress up piled on. SUPRISE! PEOPLE LOVE IT. The servers are so choked I can’t get in without running a macro. I’ll just wait for The Opera R2 for Halflife 2 myself.