H1Z1 - First Dayz AAA clone?

I just grabbed PUBG last night and so far it’s better in pretty much every way to this.

Daybreak licensed the game mode from PlayerUnknown, and even had him working on KotK, so I doubt there’ll be any legal issues. The circles concept is also very similar to the BR mod, with the difference being the moving wall of fog since it was something he was unable to do in the Arma 3 engine. But the shrinking circles themselves are exactly the same.

Edit: some info here in this PC gamer article (from before the KotK release):

Well then. Everything seems in order here.

Move along.

Hey! Time to do what all sketchy Steam games do when they want a second (or third) chance!

NAME CHANGE!

This will now be called “Just Survive”

“A new narrative has been established, separating Just Survive from the H1Z1 universe. Just Survive’s rebranding and content update represents the development team’s evolved vision for the game and lays the foundation for future updates in the months to come.”

Wait, isn’t this the 2nd name change?

Yup. It was just “H1Z1” then it split into “H1Z1: Just Survive” and “H1Z1: King of the Kill” - the former having zombies, the latter being just PvP. H1Z1: Just Survive is becoming Just Survive. H1Z1: King of the Kill is not changing.

At least the reviews carry over with the name change. So this is just to lure in new unsuspecting suckers players?

I’m guessing because they want the “H1Z1” name to be ONLY associated with the more successful King of the Kill, which most people just call “H1Z1.” Possible that the confusion between the two games just got obnoxious enough.

http://www.githyp.com/h1z1s-player-base-has-declined-by-91-since-pubg-and-fortnite-took-over/

If it wasn’t dead before, its sure will be soon.

I figured it was dead as soon as Daybreak bought out SOE. I’m actually a little surprised it’s still been zombieing along.

Even Lawbreakers only lost 77% of its playerbase since December.

Of course, that’s only 17 players.

Man, no thread is safe for poor Lawbreakers! :)

Umm ok, time to try anything to get players!

I remember when it was called Twisted Metal.

Auto Assault 2: The Stupiding

Auto Assault got me into trouble with my editor at the time because I hated it so much I didn’t want to play it.

And now it’s fully free to play.

Seem the small bump from Autoroyale mode didn’t last long…

RIP H1Z1:Just Survive, shutting servers down in October 2018.

H1Z1 Battle Royale is still kicking.