Hades (SuperGiant Games)

Yeah, I wish you could stack Athena’s and Poseidon’s dash upgrades, then get a Hermes +1 dash. One-button game, right there.

I’m with Scott. Even with God Mode, I have yet to make it past the third area.

Thanks for the tip on God Mode @soondifferent - I ignored it because I assumed it made me invincible which didn’t seem fun, but if it just makes the game a little easier that might be more my speed so I can just enjoy the gameplay and expanding my abilities without the need for the best ability synergies to show up. Special thanks actually to @Silent for showing me that playing in that mode isn’t necessarily going to guarantee me victory, which makes it all the more appealing.

And it seems like a good time for me to jump back in, as it just got it’s last major update before official release!

Supergiant say that Blood Price is the biggest update for Hades so far, summoning more bosses, minibosses, upgrades, story, and more.

Patch Notes:

Yeah, I almost immediately ran into new enemies. Came soooo close to beating the big guy with the sword, but ugh, robbed again! The sword and spear are my least favorite weapons, for sure, and the ones I have yet to finish with.

So the new boss was pretty easy to find, just RNG (ie. you don’t have to jump through a set number of hoops to find him) I opted out of fighting him though, thanks to my nethack experience.

Well, from what I’ve read, God mode gives you 20% damage resistance, and adds +2% with each death, up to max of 80%. So just keep dying and things well get easier!

Witness how I crutch on Athena’s dash

This is one of the things o really love about this game, the sheer variety in powers and upgrades. I don’t know if I’ve ever focused a run on dash powers of any kind but it sounds awesome.

You beat the game after only 10 tries? Wow you are much better than me.

Not that saying that means a lot, lol

I just reached the Elysium boss for the first time, after 12 tries.

It took me a lot more than 12 tries to get there and I’m playing in god mode.

The power of button mashing compels you.

When the titan blood can be used? It’s the only thing I have and pending to be spent.

@belouski, I feel as I was lucky, that attempt was in fact the first time I reached Elysium and even then, I got to the boss. It was a ‘ranged’ build, I focused on cast and the special attack with the shield (which throws it) and ended being a good one.

I think you can spend them once you’ve unlocked all the weapons.

Correct. Titan Blood is used to unlock Weapon Aspects - and then to upgrade these Aspects. You can do so in the weapon selection room.

6 tries and I can’t get by Meg (lady with the whip). She just owns me.

Oh I had enough keys (8) to unlock the last weapon, but I decided to spend 10 to unlock new stuff in the mirror.

The trick is… well, the same trick that most bosses in most games, ever. Patience.

She telegraphs her attacks clearly, so when you die is because you were impatient and tried to kill her too fast. These things take time. She dashes to you which you can avoid dashing perpendicular to her, sometimes she does an animation that is a warning she is going to do a 360º attack, and beyond those she has two special attacks: the circles on the ground that are easily avoided by dashing twice when they appear, and the projectile spam reminiscent of a bullet hell game, just run far away and they are more easily avoided the bigger the distance between you and her. You also can avoid the projectile dashing, of course.

I am a proponent of God Mode. You can always turn it off later.

@TurinTur - I prefer the range weapons as well, but I need to figure out synergies better

You can destroy her projectiles with attacks, too. In fact I think this goes for every projectile in the game, but I’m not 100% on that.

It takes particular Boons to destroy projectiles.