Hail to the Thief

Got that e-mail last night. Saw the Cuyahoga Falls (Ohio I think?) show during their Amnesiac tour two years ago, and it was awesome. I really loved the version of “Pakt Like Sardines in a Tin Can” that they played that night. I’d love to see them again. Hope they play lots of their old stuff this time out.

If their recent shows are any indication, don’t hold your breath. Fine with me, though, I’d like to hear as little as possible from The Blands :twisted:

If their recent shows are any indication, don’t hold your breath. Fine with me, though, I’d like to hear as little as possible from The Blands :twisted:[/quote]

Anything before Thief’ll do it for me.

OK, then. But Sit Down, Stand Up and There There were great live last summer. And I wouldn’t mind hearing A Wolf At the Door.

OK, then. But Sit Down, Stand Up and There There were great live last summer. And I wouldn’t mind hearing A Wolf At the Door.[/quote]

You’re right; I definetly shouldn’t discount the live versions of these songs. The album still isn’t doing it for me, though. But Radiohead has some super cool live versions of their songs; Optimistic and Like Spinning Plates come to mind.

Second leg:
Tue 09/23/03 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
Thu 09/25/03 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl
Fri 09/26/03 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl
Sun 09/28/03 Chula Vista, CA Coors Amphitheatre
Wed 10/01/03 The Woodlands, TX C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
Thu 10/02/03 New Orleans, LA UNO Lakefront Arena
Sat 10/04/03 West Palm Beach, FL Sound Advice Amphitheatre
Mon 10/06/03 Atlanta, GA HiFi Buys Amphitheatre

I’ve been listening to Hail to the Thief recently, and it’s been a long time. I used to love the album, and even though it was released in the lead up to the Iraq war I always held the view that some of the overtly political lyrics were a little overdone. Great for older teens, like I was at the time, but as I aged I yearned for more ambiguity and nuance in my consumption of music.

Nowadays I am not so sure. 2 + 2 = 5 (The Lukewarm) feels like it was written today: