Halloween 2018 reboot with Danny McBride writing

That’s not a joke. Confirmed by John Carpenter.

Blumhouse had announced a reboot project last year, but nothing happened other than PR stating Carpenter was all for it. I guess they have their writer and director now. Odd choices.

[quote]
David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.[/quote]

DGG is a terrifically talented filmmaker. I’m fascinated to see what he comes up with for Halloween. If we’re lucky we’ll be able to forget those Rob Zombie abominations.

I just don’t get that excited about these constant attempts to reboot old horror franchises. Friday the 13th just got axed and they did one like 7 years ago most have forgotten. Halloween and Freddie have been duds. They even keep trying with Texas Chainsaw. The good horror/thriller stuff is new IP. Almost all these older ones had one maybe two good movies and the rest were sequel junk. Let them be and think up new stuff.

Funny, I was just about to say there’s no way this will be as good as the Rob Zombie ones.