Halo 4 is half the game it should be

Seeing this review and playing the game makes me a little confused. He either lied or didn't pay attention to the game while playing it. They explain rampancy in the books, that big ass gun fires a few times, and the AI is pretty functional, especially on higher levels. That being said, I skimmed through some of the comments and actually feel bad for the loyalists to this guy and his website. He reviews some pretty awesome games pretty low, and has probably turned some his fans off of those games based on his "odd opinions" as one of his loyalists put it. Sucks they won't experience these games.

Somebody is trying way too hard to get attention. 0/10 Troll Job

Why did metacritic even count this review...

I give this review a 0 out of 100.

I'm not even a Halo fan, I'm actually a PS3 fanboy but this guy, Tom Chick? It's a tool.

BTW, has this guy ever given a rating above 5/10 to any game? XD

I used to be a fan of Tom Chick, but now I see he is just gaming cynical. Tom, take a break, and pick another line of work, don't play any games for 5 years, then come back. I'll still be here waiting to see how that has changed you. Halo 4, rated at 20%? Really? I think the graphics on an old aging system and the gameplay would get you at least a 50% score, even if you didn't like the story. I know, he doesn't like percentages, yes, I read the FAQ. Looking at reviewing games lower just to garner hits on your article is "dirty pool." I clicked it, because I love Halo and wanted to know why someone would rate it so low. I ALWAYS hit Metacritic top 3 scores and bottom 3 scores on any game I buy, just to get a taste of what people didn't like, and what they did like. I always read all of the reviews from the top and bottom. It seems like they may have to go to "throwing out" the scores that are deviant by more than a certain number, top or bottom. This would give you a better mean score. And yes, I am a fanboy. I have watched, read, and played everything Halo. I don't really play too much online, as I am in it for the stories, and the books just expand on it. Hence, I know why Catherine Halsey was handcuffed at the beginning, and enhanced my play-through. Opinions are like a**holes, and everyone has one. (See, I just had one too.)

OK, with all that being said, you can drive the a technically good car, that gets great gas mileage, has lots of room, looks sharp, handles well and all that jazz, but still feel like its a boring car to drive. Obviously as a regular guy who could never afford European sports cars, I can't say from experience, but I recall an episode of Top Gear were they compared a brand new Ferrari Murcielago with a Testarosa from the 80's. The Murc was clearly better in every way from acceleration, top speed to handling and comfort, but in the end the host would rather have had the Testarosa because it was simply more fun to drive. He liked it more because there was so much taken away from the driver by the traction control system in the Murc, that it took away from the excitement of driving such an incredible piece of machinery.

Which brings me to my original point. This is a critique of Halo 4 not a typical point by point product review. There are plenty of places were you can find the type of information to validate your point of view, but why would you look to Tom Chick for that. He hasn't ever really done that type of review. Getting all butt hurt over a dissenting opinion is truly absurd, especially when it comes to a review of a creative endeavor.

If you think a person's opinion has nothing to do with a review of a creative endeavor, then you are truly stupid and a better place for you to read about games would be IGN. There's much less thinking involved on that site.

Wow. Absolutely the most ridiculous, biased, narrow-minded review I've read. You obviously have an axe to grind. You certainly are no professional. Go flip burgers somewhere.

I appreciate and respect the candid review - but 1 out of 5 - really, a bit extreme no. I understand you are qualified to write articles and to your opinion but is this really a 1/5 score? You get Halo, Spartan Ops, and the multiplayer - are you saying all of it is broken? This is not a 1st gen game, this is not some half baked "Jumper" game. I am glad the game overall is getting about 87. It seems your average score rating is 60.89 which tells me you are very good, or very picky.

To be fair Deus Ex was ported to Playstation 2 over 2 years after it's initial release. For PC gamers at the time it was a big release, though most gamers we're flocking to the new consoles at the time. How many sales of COD or Halo on PC at the same time?

Lets see here.
"Probably better than that giant mechanical spider mission in an earlier Halo"
You mean the scarab as it's reffered to multiple times throughout the series?
"At least the Halo remake had the nostalgia appeal"
That's your only halfway decent point and even then it's ignorant because I honestly doubt you've played it. You mislable so many different things and your inital point is also incorrect. If you've actually PLAYED the Halo 4 campaign and payed even the most remote of attention to anything that happens in the mission involving the mammoth, you'd realize, the gun is fired three times. You get a target designator and use it to fire on multiple different occasions.
I give this review and the man who made it an overall one star, that's being generous. If you want to make a review and have yourself be taken even remotely serious, you don't type one up out of ignorance.

This guy is retarded.

This reviewer is an idiot....

I would give Halo 4 a 95 alllll day!

I think it is fun to disagree with Tom. I think the perks and leveling are more lateral than vertical. You don't have to play very long at all for a competent load out. I think the story is rewarding for those of us who read the novels and are googly-eyed for Spartan suits. But, then again, if I'm googly-eyed over Spartan suits and Warthogs, is a differing review going to slow me down? Heck no. I'd play a game of Masterchief eating cereal and washing his dog. I wanted more Halo, I got more Halo. Satisfied. I can tell from the review Tom played it and told me about it. That's all I ask of my reviewers. That is their opinion. I get to make my own, though....preferably while in a warthog blasting away at Covenant.

Obvious troll is obvious. You just want publicity for your site...why didnt you mention this is your review? Anyhoo i wont be revisiting your pos website. Bye.

You are the worst reviewer ever.

Once again he scores a game low just to get people to visit his sub par site. This guy is such a trolling douche. Keep in mind that this is the same troll who hated Mass effect 3, Max Payne, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc . etc. This guy has 0% journalistic integrity. Pass him by like a homeless man asking for change that you know will be used to buy cheap booze.