Halo coming to Paramount+

I changed the thread title to include Paramount+.

With the long delays, early loss of a director, change in networks, I assume this is just a dead show walking, right? Like, there’s zero chance this gets more than one season no matter how good it is (and I’m keeping my expectations very low).

But I’m rewatching The Sopranos, and Bokeem Woodbine shows up briefly in season one, and I thought to myself that he should be in more stuff. So yeah, I’ll watch this.

First full trailer being aired during halftime of the AFC Championship, in about 10 minutes.

March 24! Was that already announced and I missed it?

Shame about Paramount. Oh well!

Man, that looks… Oof.

So, is this gonna be the Mandalorian treatment where we’re staring at the helmet for 99.9% of the season, and then, during a pivotal moment, Pablo Schreiber gets to show his mug?

Oh, totally.

It’s weird how 90% of the non-battle scenes are taking place inside of The Thinker’s lair from CW’s The Flash.

As someone on Reddit noted, it looks incredibly cheap and expensive at the same time.

Also, pretty sure there’s an SUV in one of the shots.

There’s definitely an AK being used. Good to see that’s still going.

The SUV is in a couple of shots.

On this side, for the closeup, you can see they did some rudimentary bodywork on it to make it look like a sci-fi vehicle.

I’m reminded of my new favorite reddit sub

What kind of motto is that?

“Save the cheerleader, save the world.”

Ha, that’s the first thing I thought of too. I’m guessing they’re operating under the assumption that a lot of people watching the show have no familiarity with Halo lore, and the characters are going to spend most of the first season thinking the Halo is a superweapon that can destroy the Covenant, then we’ll get the ‘dun-dun-DUNNNNNN’ moment in the last episode where they discover that it will actually destroy all life in the universe. Oh yeah, there were spoilers in that last bit.

I blame this on the marketing company responsible for the trailer, but you have a video game with some of those most iconic music in video game history. Music that kicks ass. Music that would send chills up the spines of millions.

And you have generic, slowed-down remix of a popular song in the trailer, just like every other movie and TV trailer.

Well, they do have a trailer using the iconic Halo theme music, but it’s a little cheesy.

I’m surprised by the amount of fans complaining about Cortana. Who cares if isn’t blue lol.