Halo Infinite - What is it?

Hey, I’m the same way! This is me playing multiplayer shooters with @Jason_McMaster.

By the way, you sound like a pretty cool uncle! :)

-Tom

Aww that’s cute, although I’m visualizing you running around pistol whipping and tea bagging little kids in Bronze 1 lol

I’m the old fogey when I play with my nephews and nieces… theyre all between grade school and college age… and since I got them into shooter games they now SCHOOL me… even the ten year old. Some kids start playing shooters in games like fortnite/roblox and then just move easily over to CoD and Halo… its scary how good they get fast!

I was a very surprised but proud uncle when my niece came over one day to play Splatoon and ran circles around me and everyone else in our games.

That’s quite some penetration

Welp…

Dev confirmed in reply

Yikes, that’s pretty bad. But a great response from the developer!

It is good they’re paying attention, but there are also comments saying this has been a problem for a very long time with 343 in prior games too. Maybe people never really showed it so blatantly before?

Picked this up this week. God the Halo gameplay is fun, and the big team battles mode is just pure chaotic madness.

But fuck all if the progression/xp system is ass.

Sorry, I can’t play the objective, I need 3 more handgun kills to get my challenge done.

Just… stupid.

Why would you make it this way? Meta challenges like handgun or melee kills are fun to look out for in a match, but making them the sole XP earner is just bad design.

Hope this changes, also, not giving gamepass ultimate subscribers the premium battlepass is an odd choice. I know they are planning on dropping free “challenge swaps” and XP boosts, but that is just kinda meh.

I mean, the Sidekick is one of the best guns, as it should be in a Halo game. :)

Assault Rifle is a pea shooter by comparison. I almost always switch right to the handgun at round start if it’s standard Slayer.

There’s a Striker variant of the Sidekick that is god-level. We’re talking full shields to dead with 4 shots, and it’s got longer range.

That’s proper Halo handgunning!

I’ve been pretty happy with how the assault rifle works in Infinite. It’s always been such a waste of a weapon in earlier games, they’ve upped the damage and accuracy and I no longer feel like I need to immediately replace it as soon as a match starts.

Had my best round yet! Big Team Battle CTF. Had a 16-kill streak at one point, as I was death incarnate in a Warthog both splattering enemies, and gunning them down. It was sort of funny. At one point, the flag carrier kept running even though we were honking at him constantly to get in the Warthog. But that helped my kill count as the enemy kept trying to gun down the flag carrier.

What finally ended my reign of terror was the enemy warthog slamming into a crate, which slammed into me. Ah, Halo.

Yep, HI is the most viable the AR has ever been, honestly.

I wouldn’t assume that anything like this is the same problem that’s been around for a very long time. It’s very easy for similar symptoms to have completely different underlying causes, and for most of those issues to have been fixed for a long time, while there’s something brand new and specific to Infinite.

The important thing is that the developers have an in-house repro now, and will likely be able to fix it pretty easily.

Campaign reviews are out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/reviews/halo-infinite-campaign-review/

Great combat, repetitive open world structure and look, forgettable characters.

Recommended by Eurogamer.

And Recommended by John Linneman at Digital Foundry:

Text version:

Video version:

I was real confused with this bit from the PC Gamer review:

“Think Ornstein and Smaugh with grenade launchers, and you’ll understand my pain.”

What? A Jewish guy with the dragon from The Hobbit? Then it hit me. Oh, “Smough” not “Smaugh.”