Halo Infinite - What is it?

Yeah, the challenge-based progression is pure bullshit.

Get 10 kills with a battle rifle? It’s tough enough to even find a battle rifle at times in BTB, and you don’t live long after you get it. Fiesta? You randomly spawn with two weapons every time.

The only challenge I’m getting per match is the paltry daily participation challenge, and I take it that was a concession because previously it was only awarded once per day, hence the name.

The RPS reviewer is correct: it’s gun homework bullshit.

I enjoy the game. I am also very bad. I’ve played about 15 games and am still level 1

Imagine a Halo movie with MCU-level FX

https://youtu.be/6MytzjuT_Oc

Here’s the full-length:

https://youtu.be/d7-iz_uLV-E

Has anyone else encountered an issue in Big Team Battle where if someone has a mic and starts to talk, the game stutters like hell? It’s even worse if multiple people are talking. It’s seriously unplayable.

This is on an XSX with a rock-solid cable connection.

I’ve only been in a game one time that I heard anyone on a mic. It was my squad and the other three players were kids. It was mostly surprising because I don’t think they ever cussed or said anything remotely offensive. But to your question, I don’t recall any stuttering or other problems in that game.

I just had one of those epic Fiesta matches where everything is going badly. I keep spawning with crap weapons. My team is like 10 kills behind. And then the gods drop the Scorpion tank in front of me. It was so sick. The other team had been terrorizing us with the Wraith for a couple of minutes. But suddenly they see a Scorpion turn the corner and blast them to bits. Three kills right there. The carnage had just begun! My team ended up winning comfortably, and I got an achievement for my first mythic medal. Awesome KDR. Tons of medals. Instant “bookmark” on my game history.

And then all I get is a token +50 on my season progress. The progress bar filled up a few millimeters. It’s such a demoralizing sight.

Way to kill a buzz, Halo Infinite.

MS blinks

It’s a faster rate of progression, but what I still don’t understand is their resistance to awarding XP for actual normal stuff you do in service of the team. Stuff like defending the objective, taking the objective, assisting, carrying the oddball/flag, etc. They have a wonderful medal system already in the game, but getting one nets zero XP for the player unless they’re part of a challenge. It just feels weird to see how much you did during a match and then see the payout have little relation to that performance.

Say what you will about Battlefield 2042’s launch, but their progression system is clean, intuitive, and rewarding. You gain XP with kills, assists, and any other activities that you’d normally do. You get XP bonuses for ribbons. You unlock bits and bobs for guns via kills. At the end of a BF2042 match I know exactly why I got what I did and it all helped my team in some small way.

Yep. Be mad all you want at bugs in BF2042 or map design decisions, etc., but the progression is excellently designed, as it has been in most BF games. You always gain something potentially important to your gun build or your inventory by playing every match. Call of Duty games are the same. Beyond leveling weapons for all the attachments, and unlocking new guns with challenges, I have so many Calling Cards, Gun Charms, and Emblems I’ll never really see them all. All cosmetic, and some harder to obtain than others. It’s not a big deal, but it’s fun.

Also, @Woolen_Horde, Bungie has nothing to do with this game anymore.

This seems like a weird way to characterize this, no? 343 has been saying since release a couple weeks ago that they’re planning to modify progression systems and such. They started with some minor tweaks in the first week, took the Thanksgiving holidays off, looked at the data after the holiday, made more tweaks, and say they have a lot bigger changes in the works that will take more time.

Ostensibly a new trailer, though a lot of it we’ve seen before:

I don’t even know what all this Halo stuff means. Like I got an email from Chipotle that makes no sense to me. I use a Chipotle promo code and I receive 5 challenge swaps in Halo Infinite?

So I’m new to Halo, is there not a way to just player Slayer Multiplayer? Do you have to play from a random set of games that include things like Capture the Flag that I hate and don’t want to play? Also, Fiesta mode was by far the best mode in the game and I see it’s gone now? Is it not something you can play whenever you want?

Can’t you do that by creating a custom game?

Welcome to seasonal progression challenges and F2P mechanics!

I’m not sure what any of that has to do with letting you play the game mode you want. Rocket League is a competitive multiplayer game with seasonal progression and F2P mechanics and I can play just the standard 3v3 mode if I want to and not be forced to play other multiplayer modes.

I’ll check out custom game, I was thinking that was just a way to setup funky game setups with friends.

This hate for CTF will not stand!

Unless they create a playlist for Slayer only, you’re kind of stuck playing whatever they make you play unless you round up friends. It’s a problem.