Halo Infinite - What is it?

Looks like total install is about 48.42 GB for the English version. That’s single-player and multiplayer.

343 has clearly failed! Everyone knows that AAA means 100+ GB of install space!

Once you’ve got the pine tree texture and forerunner block texture, you’re pretty much done I think.

No sign of the download on Gamepass though. For me anyway.

You gotta launch Halo Infinite if you have multiplayer already installed. It will force an update.

And then you launch the game and download the campaign in the game itself.

No, no updates on launch yet. I demand more from my free products!

Yeah, this was my take.

Even if Halo speeds up the “progression”, I can’t imagine ever giving a shit about the subtle differences.

You want a good progression system? Look at Forza… you get shit CONSTANTLY in that game, all the time, for doing pretty much anything. Hell, you get rewarded for freaking crashing your car into stuff.

Hmmmm… it’s supposed to be simultaneous global unlock, so no rolling timezone unlock.

Keep trying?

Kind of dumb that there was no preload option for the campaign

I imagine his boss gave him a word count to fit in the magazine.

Yeah, I remember feeling his Cyberpunk expose felt rather truncated compared to his Kotaku work. He’s working with a hard word limit now.

Last week I got an invite to a movie test screening (unknown what movie), and I signed up thinking it was going to be the night before Halo Inifnite’s release. Turns out, it’s tonight.

They chose their test-screening date poorly.

Campaign downloaded. I’m gong in!

Important for anyone who has it on Steam and Series X and wants to switch back and forth…

I feel like most people with an XSX will be playing this on Game Pass on Windows, but I’m sure there are some without that overlap.

Right. The type of people who post here are the ones most likely to encounter this.

It’s pretty unlikely though, right? You’d have to buy the Steam version for $60, AND have Game Pass on Series X, AND chose to spend the $60 on Steam instead of playing the Game Pass for PC version like you could have?

Well, you could choose to buy the game full-price twice, I suppose.

My feeling is the vast majority of people playing Halo Infinite on Steam probably don’t own an Xbox. But Dave’s right, the kind of dude who would be an outlier on that probably posts here.

Very disappointed with the Microsoft store download speeds. Only getting 19MB/sec. Poor show from the power of Azure, Satya old chap, poor show.

It’s definitely good to know, but also seems to be the standard for all the Xbox/PC cross platform games I can recall. If I want the same save between Xbox and the PC, I need to have the Xbox app version installed since that links to my Xbox account.

Only because Microsoft set it up that way, they could have made it fully cross-platform. I assume they chose to use Steam’s cloud saves there.

After having to hunt around for how to change the install directory, which was not at all clear in the app, I started the download and left for a run. When I returned, it had stalled out at 14 GB, so I paused it clicked resume and the thing bugged out. I went back to the game listing and it said “install”, but after clicking it went to the download menu where it said it was finished but the menu hadn’t changed to play. The Microsoft Store continues to be super finicky. I’m glad I only spent a dollar on this.