Halo Infinite - What is it?

I uninstalled Infinite to make room for other stuff I want to play so I guess I’m out! Have fun, everybody.

Joe Staten left earlier this month and just signed up with Netflix, and now this. House cleaning continues

“We thank Frank for his numerous contributions to the Halo franchise and wish him well going forward.”

That is some corporate “Thanks, and don’t let the door hit you on the way out” style goodbye.

Frank is a smart, creative, and awesome guy, and I’m confident he’s not to blame for any of Infinite’s misfortunes.

Eh, maybe. When I’ve seen that language in situations where I know the behind the scenes story, it’s often just polite “no comment.” There is always, of course, plenty of room for speculation about exactly what, if anything, there is not a comment regarding.

Attempt #242 to bring players back to Infinite.

Fill that progress bar!

The multiplayer in Infinite is great. But the paucity of content at launch and the slow updates since then are terrible.

You know how far Halo has fallen when MS didn’t even bother to include this trailer in their E3 showcase, even though it drops next week.

So, they decided to take Big Team Battle to 11 in this new season. I’m not only starting matches with a Battle Rifle, but there are Scorpions and Wraiths available from the getgo.It’s craaaaazy.

Bump :)

So I really enjoyed the Halo tv show and have a craving for more Master Chief and the Halo universe.

I’ve only ever played the first Halo game, I do recall finishing it! So should I jump into the MCC with Halo 2 or go directly to the new Infinite campaign for the most visually pleasing experience? I saw there is a grappling hook now in the IGN review I watched, is that a recent addition or was it in previous games?

I have gamepass, so cost isn’t an issue. I just want to pew pew some aliens. :)

I guess my other though is, do I have to play them in order? Can I just jump into Infinite and then if I finish it up and like it enough go rotate back to the older games and then play them later in order?

Will the story make sense if I just jump into the most recent game? Do they have a re-cap? Or should I watch a summary on youtube?

The story is gibberish regardless of order as far as I could tell. I would just try Infinite.

Ok then, 110GB download has begun. :)

Thanks @Alistair

Not sure how I missed his post 3 years ago, damn pandemic…

This sounds like totally my thing. I got Just Cause vibes from the grappling hook gameplay I’ve seen.

Here was the IGN review I mentioned above, got a 9.

Halo 2 is awesome. It introduces a cool and important character. I would definitely play that before you play the newer ones. The games before 4 are the Bungie ones and are better in most ways than anything that 343 has done since.

Halo 2 is a landmark game in the series IMO.

You made the right choice.

All the Halo campaigns are good except Halo 2. At least on Legendary difficulty that one is such a slog, it’s just pain, pain, pain.

Halo Infinite’s grappling hook really adds a great fun dimension.

Look, I don’t agree with Dave Long about anything pretty much on principle, but you’re doing yourself a disservice skipping the Bungie made Halo games in my opinion.

The best Halos are Reach and ODST!

But saying that, when I last did a partial playthrough of ODST it took a long time to find the groove again. I argue it’s still excellent, but it doesn’t feel like a “modern” shooter in some fuzzy way that would give me pause for someone who just wants a fun Halo to jump into.

Hey cool, the new Forge sounds pretty robust. Someone recreated the opening mission of Halo 3 in it.

At the end of the stream, 343 broke the news: there will be no Season 6. Halo Infinite is moving away from seasons.

Instead, 343 will continue to create “Operation” events with shorter 20-tier battle passes that run for four-to-six week periods. While 343 will continue to add to Infinite throughout 2024, the news will be bittersweet for fans who feel Infinite is finally mounting its comeback. It’s hard not to read this as the beginning of the end for Infinite support, especially considering community director Brian Jarrard took the opportunity to mention 343’s future projects.

“We have a dedicated team working on supporting Halo Infinite and continuing to deliver coming forward, but also, we have additional teams now that are accelerating towards the future working on brand new projects,” said Jarrard.

Has Halo Infinite gotten the point where the single player campaign is worth playing?