Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC is not an Epic Store exclusive

I started Halo Reach today and went through the first mission. God, that audio is terrible. I can’t believe they launched the game with the audio like that. I played through the first mission, but then I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s a very sub-par experience with the audio mix so screwed up.

I don’t know which platform you tried it on, but I have the same problem on Xbox and put the game down till they get around to fixing it.

Yeah, Halo Reach’s audio is STILL broken.

When you guys say the audio is “broken”, what does that mean? Don’t you hear the guns? does is stutter? is there an echo?

The audio mix is all over the place. Like when the music is playing and there’s dialog, the music is too loud, then there’s sound effects too quiet. Then there’s dialog that’s too loud compared to other things. That type of thing. Normally when you’re watching a movie/tv show/game, you don’t notice any of that when it’s mixed well.

The mix is muddy and distorted.

I seriously forgot how much I loved Halo: CE. I am having a nostalgia blast!

Halo 2 incoming on PC Gamepass…

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-05-halo-2-anniversary-arrives-on-steam-and-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-next-week

Out on Tues/Weds in fact…

The worst Halo single player campaign.

For those of you who never played it, get ready for a confusing story and get ready to be sniped a lot. And get ready to just run past whole areas instead of fighting, because it’s allowed and you’re tired of fighting and you’re tired of getting sniped.

What a way to hype me :)

Seems to be out… I think this one was Vista exclusive back in the day :)

I played Halo 2 first. I had missed the original game and didn’t play it until after Halo 3.

Imagine my surprise at the character switch in Halo 2. I was like “Who the eff is this dude?”

Did they fix the audio issues in Reach you were all talking about upthread?

not yet.

Great interview with the designers of the MP maps for Halo 2.

They still haven’t fixed Reach’s sounds.

Seems like Reach’s sound issues will be addressed in the next patch.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2020

Awesome, time to bump the game further up my backlog.

I wish I’d never fired up Reach with those sound issues. I know it’s not the original game’s fault, but I sort of got a “behind the curtain” feel, as if the game was actually an amateurish production once you take out good sound mixing.

OTOH, that’s not really fair. That’s probably true of most triple A games.