Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC is not an Epic Store exclusive

What??? That’s insane. They knew about it at launch. How have they not fixed it yet?

The game sounds incredibly muffled to me. The audio mixing is simply broken.

Just discovered Tab switches between old and new graphics. Holy heck we had deprived lives back then.

I’ve experienced zero bugs or sound issues. Played through Halo 3, Reach and dozens of hours of MP in recent months.

Have they fixed the muddy audio mix?

Halo CE does not have the audio issue mix issue in Reach.

Remember the old graphics were displayed on CRT TVs back then. That actually helped a lot. There’s some natural anti-aliasing going on, and some bleeding of colors between pixels.

The feel is a bit too much of a throwback for me though–too janky and primitive a FPS. Although couch co-op with a friend through 1 CE’s campaign on Xbox One was fun.

Is it weird that I find the original Halo graphics preferable to the new ones? The new graphics are bit too bright and oversaturated, which give the game a different feeling than the original. This is especially clear in the opening level, which is dark and shadowy in the original but very bright and well lit in the new one.

So I wanted to praise Combat Evolved remake which after Reach seems to be much better audio-wise and graphics-wise and just plays really nicely.
But then I tried starting the game today and get treated to this:

Translates as: Application cannot be opened. Halo MCC cannot be opened because it is offline. Storage device is missing or disconnected.

And in Windows Store, the MCC says it needs repair, but the only repair available appears to be to fully redownload and reinstall. The game worked fine two days back.

Ah, how I love this idiotic encrypted gamepass nonsense. Why is MS still insisting on it? Why not deliver gamepass games like Ubisoft or EA are doing it, in normal standard functional non-encrypted win32 way?

So many years and MS still fails, even when I want to cheer for them.

Ah yes, the obfuscated file system of MS Store apps.

I’ve also had errors starting today. Restarting gets me through, but it is much slower to start and I can hear my CPU fan spinning right up.

The only thing that’s bothering me about the old school game design is how hard it is to find your way around - the lengthy, repetitive alien hallways have had me looking up walkthroughs several times already.

I had to reinstall it. Works ok now…until it decides to crap itself again.

Talking about the Truth and Reconcilliation alien ship mission? Was just doing it today, it does outstay its welcome and gets repetitive.

The one about finding the pulse whatevers. After Two Betrayals. I think I’m at the third one…

Hmm guess that is way further into the game. I remember hating the library, but there are lot of repetitive interiors in this game.

I think the library might have more helpful floor arrows in the new graphics, so it’s easier to keep track of where you’re going :)

Reach audio still broken though.

I started Halo Reach today and went through the first mission. God, that audio is terrible. I can’t believe they launched the game with the audio like that. I played through the first mission, but then I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s a very sub-par experience with the audio mix so screwed up.

I don’t know which platform you tried it on, but I have the same problem on Xbox and put the game down till they get around to fixing it.

Yeah, Halo Reach’s audio is STILL broken.