Halo Wars 2 - Pour one out for Ensemble

In the Windows “store”, at a frankly ridiculous price.

The blur studios cg cutscenes are awesome. Wish a whole movie came in this style. Fewer than the first game though.

Fewer, but longer. I think someome measured them to be around a minute longer overall than the ones in the first game.

also disappointed gideon emery (cutter) uses a flat generic american accent in the actual game instead of his normal, cooler voice that he uses in the funny commercials.

My pre-order on the Win10 Store app seems to have been botched. I have no way to play/install Halo Wars Definitive Edition that I was supposed to have received for pre-ordering.

Did anyone else get theirs? Ugh. I never learn my lesson. The Windows/Xbox app store/billing backend has always been the worst.

You get the DE code after 7-10 days, which you then can redeem. It’s not obvious, and it’s stupid, but it’s mentioned on the store page for the version of Halo Wars 2 that contains it.

And if it has gone more than 10 days, then contact support.

dammit. that’s obtuse.

looks like it only arrived 2 days ago…in my xbox messages. i had to login to xbox.com to get it. still obtuse.

This game has a demo now if anyone wants something to play around with while waiting for the inevitable sale. I don’t know what the demo features and limitations are:

Is anyone playing this?

Anyway, here’s an expansion: