Hangover 2 trailer out

The trailer for The Hangover 2 is out.

I loved The Hangover, but I have a feeling the sequel is going to be a huge disappointment, and it appears they are just re-creating the original by changing a few details. For example:

Unwitting Ed Helms Body Alteration
Hangover 1: Tooth pulled out.
Hangover 2: Tattoo on side of face.

Adorable critter they end up taking care of
Hangover 1: Baby
Hangover 2: Monkey

Person they lose and have to race against time to find
Hangover 1: The groom
Hangover 2: The bride’s brother

They even find clues in their pockets and engage in a high-speed chase with gun-wielding baddies, just like in the first one.

Best line from the trailer: “I can’t believe this is happening again!”

Indeed.

My buddy would like to explain how the same shit can happen to the same guy, twice.

So would this kid.

I was surprised Stu didn’t stick with Heather Graham but is marry Jamie Chung – he’s kinda rocking the cradle there.

Where’s Doug?

Looked like a henna tattoo on Ed Helm’s face to me. I will probably see it. Maybe.

The tattoo has something to do with Mike Tyson I’m betting.

Yeah, I’m a little sad to see that Justin Bartha doesn’t get in on the hijinx this time out.

Outside of the Sellers’ Pink Panther movies, I’m having a hard time thinking of a single live-action comedy sequel that was any good.

Man, I’ve felt perpetually bad for the dude (who I really like) ever since I saw him in the National Treasure stunt show at Universal Studios.

The second Bill and Ted was awesome.

You sunk my battleship.

Maybe it’s just how the trailer was cut, but it just doesn’t seem like it will be that funny.

Eh I think it looks ok, I’ll rent it like I did the first one.

Looks like “Hangover: The Reboot” to me.

That’s easy! Meet the Fock–wait, no.

Ghostbust–on second thought, perhaps not.

Blues Brothers 200–I don’t think so…

The Return of Spinal T–maybe not that, either…

What about Mon Oncle?

A lot depends on one’s sense of humor but I think most will agree that these at least captured the spirit, if not the heights of the original.

The Naked Gun 2½
The Spy Who Shagged Me
Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
Porky’s II: The Next Day
Jackass Number Two
Clerks II
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Princess Bride 2: Electric Bugaloo
American Pie 2
Back to the Future 2
Addams Family Values
Hot Shots Part Deux
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Smokey and the Bandit II
Christmas Vacation

And how could we forget Planet Raptor (with Ted Raimi!), the futuristic follow-up to the Sci-Fi Channel Original classic Raptor Island (with Lorenzo Lamas!)?

Seriously, Raptor Island is hilarious.

Quoted for being an eternal bedrock of reality upon which all other truths are based.

And a third is on the way.