Happy Halloween Everybody!

We only had about eight kids come by, compared to the usual 40 to 50. I suppose all of the media coverage of the brushfires, followed by rain tonight, might have kept a few people away. :shock:

I think we had one set of 4 kids this year. Not sure why the traffic was so low.

– Xaroc

I had 2 groups come by to my apartment.

But I had no candy so I turned off the lights and hid.

As for why kids don’t show up as much, I blame the terrorists.

[quote=“DennyA”]One scary Halloween moment at our place, though… We found a big-ass spider in the living room!quote]

before i read the text, i thought that you had dressed your kid up as a displacer beast. cute costume.

i had about 150 kids this year. not a very good turnout. i think that most of the people on my street have stopped giving out candy, so obviously not that many kids come around.

and i’m officially out of touch now. some kid came around with a dinosaur looking head on. i asked him what kind of dinosaur he was and he looked at me like i was an idiot and told me that he was a digimon. woops.

I’m not sure whether its recession or what, but this year instead of everybody in our neighborhood (250+) decorating and handing out candy, it was maybe 20 houses this year.

Plus just a few desolate looking kids wandering around, not understanding why there was no-one partaking in candy giving, or running haunted houses in their garages.

Maybe they all wanted tricks played on them?

And I assume you never went trick or treating as a kid, right?
Shame on you XPav. Shame on you.

We had hordes of kids in the sub, but because of our location we get skipped a lot (the sub is basically two ovals connected in one spot, and then various “spokes” pointing into our out of the ovals. We’re at the very end of a spoke).

We had two right after the “official” trick or treat time (6 pm) and no more.

There aren’t a lot of kids in our immediate vicinity (our neighborhood skews a little old, I think) and we are at the end of the street, but I did expect more than that.

All the more chocolate for me.

Troy

Don’t tell cleve

anyway, we had 1 kid. I have a fuckload of candy left

We had a great turn out this year. There were like 40 kids on the block criss-crossing the street, marching up and down the block. It was a lot of fun.

We had 147 kids stop by the house this year, which is down from previous years. The one upside is that it meant alot fewer of the obnoxious older teenagers coming to bug us for candy.

More pictures :: http://www.meisterplanet.com/photogallery/Halloween-2003

We had unusually good weather (Boston area), and thus quite a good turn out. Our house ran out of our stock of 912 candy bars. There were probably a few double-dippers in there, but I still think it’s an impressive number. Of course, my landlord likes giving out full-size Snickers bars, so our house has become rather famous in the neighborhood…

That pic and description’s gonna have to go in the baby scrapbook… :)

[size=1]Laid out some Sparky-bait and caught me a Felderin instead…[/size]