Happy New Year 2020

Still a bit short of midnight here in US Eastern time zone, but it’s already tomorrow in several places around the world. So, to everyone in the QT3 community, Happy 2020!

I know that it’s difficult to celebrate right now. Christien’s passing has hit us all hard. From those of us who knew him only from his amazing online presence, to those whose lives were deeply entwined with his. The grief won’t pass quickly, nor should it. And there are other difficult situations, such as the difficulties that @jpinard is going through, or what JM on Slack went through with his accident earlier this year.

But here’s the thing: as dark and difficult as things may seem right now, improvement is possible. “Time heals all wounds” sounds trite, particularly when those wounds are raw, but that saying has survived many years for a reason. Time may not actually heal the wounds…some are simply too deep…but the passage of time makes improvement possible. Moving forward into the future is how those difficult situations become less difficult, other parts of life bring us new hope, and the pain we’ve been feeling becomes a deep appreciation for everything that has impacted our lives.

So celebrate the New Year. Do it with a party, if you feel up to it. Do it with tears, and don’t be ashamed. Do it for Christien, for @cornchip’s newborn daughter, and everyone in between. There’s no better representation of the future than the New Year, and right now I know that Dingus is telling us all to celebrate and appreciate it.

I’m at work, but those words are beautifully put. Thank you. I hope that the next decade sees great good come, and that we are all involved in that.

It is appropriate that this year ends on such a bittersweet note here at Qt3, as it fits my own life this year.

There has been joy, several of us having had new babies this year, @cornchip the latest and I perhaps the first of 2019 (February 21st). There has been troubles, Mark, Jeff, and others with relationship troubles, Alexandra, Tom, and others losing such a close friend. There has been sickness and triumph.

For my own journey I started the year 2000 miles away from my family, and spent the first half away from them. At times I was not completely confident we would reunite. During that our third child was born in February.

And then in the summer changes happened. We sold our hose, which we had only bought 2 years earlier, and moved 2000 miles away. There have been challenges, but the time together has been great for us. Honestly though it took a year to get there, this has only strengthened our relationship. Being away from family has given us the space to be a family that being so close to our families was stifling.

And now my career change has been solidified in year two. Things are going well. After two years of struggle, the course we set out on has begun to pay dividends.

Then the Christianity Today memo threatened to really upend the holidays (my sister in law works there so… that was a thing at Christmas)

There are still challenges, and 2019 was if anything a mixed year. But 2020 is a new year. A year where we are fully settled into our new homes. Time together, and time with our families back in Illinois scheduled. Time with new friends.

2019 was quite the year, personally and with our family here. For all the good and ill that entails. So let us toast to 2020, and hopefully better things to come. To friends lost, and new lives gained. To this community here, and how it touches us all.

Happy New Year everyone

Happy new year (not quite yet, but we’re going to bed early because that’s what newborns do to you!)

Happy New Year!

Thanks Skip, for starting us off the right way.

Happy new year all

Beautifully put, ineffablebob. Happy new year everyone, let’s try and make the best of it!

Happy 2020, everyone!

I just want to say, Skip, to you and the rest of QT3, this year seems to have hit me hard. I truly can say I love this forum and all of you.

Happy New Year to those of you reading, and yet my condolences to @tomchick and @fire and others. I love you guys. Peace and prayers to you all.

Agreed with all the positive vibes in this thread. Thanks to everyone for helping create a little community of peace and calm in the craziness of the internet.

Congrats! But my second was born January 31st, so I got a couple weeks on you there. ;)

Nice! Well congrats to you then.

A happy 2020 to all of you here, my friends.

Happy New Years, everyone! It will be a better year.

Thank you @ineffablebob. It’s been a rollercoaster of a month, and you message really moved me.

I hope everyone has a brighter, better 2020, no matter how good or bad your 2019 was.

Happy New Year everyone.

I hope you all got a good start this morning.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.