Happy! On SyFy -filthy Insanity and ultra-violence

I don’t understand how there isn’t already a thread on this. Maybe there is, but I couldn’t find it.

This show is amazing and insane.

There main character is played by Christopher Miloni, of law and order SVU Fame. And he’s awesome.v

Oh, and it’s got Patton Oswalt as the voice of the flying blue unicorn.

I’ve been pretty curious about this one! I’ll check it out if the hivemind votes thumbs up.

It’s not for everyone.

There’s a lot of cursing, and a lot of violence.

But it’s also surreal and funny, in a dark way.

The main character is like Charlie from “it’s always Sunny” mixed with… I dunno… Sonny from the godfather?

Is this streaming anywhere? Everything you’re saying sounds amazing.

Reminds me of Roger Rabbit in some ways, except with just one toon. And hyper, hyper violent and crude. I mean, more than Roger Rabbit. A lot more.

I like it!

It’s apparently based on a comic by the same name. The comic, from what I’ve seen, actually reminds me of the Mask comics… not the dumb movie, but the comics.

It is very dark. Don’t go in to it seeing that it’s on the Syfy channel and expect their normal fair. You will know in the first 5-10 minutes if it’s for you.

Yeah, it’s… surprising to see it on normal cable.

This has really been great. I can’t wait to see what insanity will ensue on the finale this week. I think the comic was just a one off, I wonder if this will be it or they try to come back for another season.

Just started watching this and it’s excellent. It’s a lot like Sin City in tone, if that helps.

Yeah, I can see that. Like Sin City with a different artistic style.

Season 2 confirmed

I’ve mostly enjoyed this season but almost stopped watching after that scene with the baby in the microwave

There is a real dark nature to this show, no doubt. Its entertaining but you’re also going to cringe several times an episode. Its like they watched the first season of Preacher and basically said “Well, that was tame. Now hold my beer and see how its done!”

I finally found something my Roku can do - it has a SyFy app that ties to my cable provider so I can watch Happy! on my TV while I bum out on the couch. Nice! :)

This just appeared on my Netflix and I launched it solely because it was starring Christopher Meloni… and wow, that was quite a trippy experience, not knowing what one was going in for!
I don’t recall laughing this hard and so many times watching a show since the 90s. Most scary of it all, that stupid looking unicorn isn’t even annoying and strangely endearing.