Hardspace: Shipbreaker, blue collar space sim about salvage

I “cut the buffalo” or whatever dude called it on the training ship, claiming all of it except for one aluminium bar which I kind of fired into the Moon. But the whole ship was gone when I was finished! One way or another.

No bugs for me yet either, thankfully.

A couple of videos of this popped up on my youtube feed today and it looks pretty dang awesome. The videos were from Splattercat and Raptor:

Scott Manley has his own video

As always, I will await the EA cycle. That is going to be … 1 year.

;_;

To be honest, I really really hope for a VR version. The game is begging for it.

edit: and this is a nice tutorial/overview

I thought I made a nice neat cut to get a large wall out of the way, fired the tethers into the furnace and turned around to find… the whole ship being dragged in.

Apparently one of my cuts wasn’t complete and so the frame of the ship was one giant hook-shaped piece and I was in the middle. Trying to scramble out through the door before I went into the furnace got my heart pumping.

Went thru a few missions. it’s really fun and interesting to break down the ships. i didn’t realize it was only singleplayer until just now though, and that’s super sad… this would be a perfect mp game

Just ran across Hardspace: Shipbreaker about playing a dude who salvages ships in space. Looks awesome. And I swear the intro music with the twangy guitar gives me a Firefly vibe.

I got into the ship, depressurised the main cabin and the cockpit, cut my way into the reactor room, cut out the floor, pulled the reactor and shunted it down to the salvage barge. Then went back outside, cut into the airlock to save time and… blew the airlock door through my stupid face because I forgot that was the one part of the ship left with pressure.

LYNX CO would never get their billion dollars back from me because I’m an enormous idiot.

Your AARs are the best.

In the faceeeeeeee.

I’d normally wait too but I get the feeling this is going to be one of those ‘perpetual’ early access games.

Ostensibly one year, they say - however…

We’ll decide down the line exactly how much game we consider to be the 1.0 version, but we’d rather stay in Early Access for as long as needed than come out early to hit an imaginary window we’ve set for ourselves.

we know we’re just scratching the surface

We’re not even close to done in terms of features, gameplay ideas, storytelling, and much more

etc! :)

edit: though maybe I wait too:

The following will be added soon in our upcoming releases:
• UI Scaling to support all resolutions

I know it will be in EA a long time, but I really felt like supporting this one.

Yeah it looks pretty awesome, I almost bought it until I saw the note about UI scaling coming in a future patch. I will probably still buy it anyway, I have notoriously poor self control. :)

A coop mode with huge ass ships like military cruisers, with people working on different spots a bit like in real life, would be cool.

Having watched Scott’s video, I’m definitely waiting for this to come out of EA, or at least be feature complete. Looks cool, but very clearly unfinished and I don’t want to burn the first impression on an incomplete experiene.

I hope this come out on consoles. It looks like a chill “kind of puzzle but cooler” game that I want to play.

It is coming to Xbox and Playstation, some time in the future. And maybe VR after that.

Yeah, Xbox specifically has a trailer for it on their YouTube page in the last week or so. Doesn’t say whether it’s coming to the Game Preview program, though, which I would kind of assume based on the talk in this thread?

Non rebindable controls feels like a particularly bad idea for this game. Frustrating. Who the hell puts roll on R3 / L3 ??

Yeah, it’s a bit greenish right now. Arbitrary resolutions and rebindable controls are coming in the first update, from what I understand.

Awesome! Cheers! Digging zero G :)